Epson XP-202 Printer driver for ubuntu 22.04 LTS

DavidSmartKnight

Reaction score
Credits
Hi
I am relatively unfamiliar with linux, but running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS on a Lenovo R500 Thinkpad, and finding my way - One thing i can't work out is how to get my Epson Xp202 printer to communicate with the laptop - if anyone has any ideas i would be really appreciative (please bear in mind i will need somefairly idiot proof instructions!!)
cheers

If you switch on the laptop, switch on the printer then plug in the USB cable to both, it should self install the Linux drivers for that printer.
Only if that fails, then try from the terminal [again it will need to be connected via the usb port]
sudo apt-get install epson-inkjet-printer-201202w [copy and paste to terminal]

If you are trying to connect via Wi-Fi, switch on the printer, set it for Wi-Fi, then open the connection manager, search the available Wi-Fi signals, find your printer, click on and enter the printer passcode, you will have to switch between your internet and printer connections depending on which you need to use at the time

Thankyou - i tried that and got this:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package epson-inkjet-printer-201202w

Did you try the just plug it in using the USB first? The drivers have been in Ubuntu since 18.3

Then try, open software manage, in the search box put Epson, you are looking for print-driver-escpr , click to open and install, if it is already installed then uninstall and re-install

ok typo 18,04

Members online