E: Unable to locate package

Protmetheus

Reaction score
Credits
i'v been getting this problem for like 2 days already , i can't install anything, i checked source list and there are no links, also checked few youtube tutorials and did exactly what they did and copied some links there, but nothing seems to work , this is my first time posting on this website, Thank you ( picture as an example ) VERSION_ID="2024.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-26_13-58-25.png
    Screenshot_2024-02-26_13-58-25.png
    16 KB · Views: 76

somehow i couldn't even manage to search similar solutions , i was in a hurry so i decided to visit this website .

The Kali repos don't have simplescreenrecorder, their documentation recommends you use something else.
https://www.kali.org/tools/recordmydesktop, or you an install the Snap.
And if you don't want to use that you can just compile it yourself.
Or the last option would be to add the Debian repos since it is available in there, but that's not really recommended since it might break your install.

The Kali repos don't have simplescreenrecorder, their documentation recommends you use something else.
https://www.kali.org/tools/recordmydesktop, or you an install the Snap.
And if you don't want to use that you can just compile it yourself.
Or the last option would be to add the Debian repos since it is available in there, but that's not really recommended since it might break your install.
thank your for your response , but installation of simplescreenrecorder is not only problem , i can't install anything

I have some advice for you - ditch Kali for now. Go to Linux Mint and install it. You will find it easier to get your feet wet in Linux rather than drowning in Kali with frustration.
Old Geezer
Tango Charlie

I have some advice for you - ditch Kali for now. Go to Linux Mint and install it. You will find it easier to get your feet wet in Linux rather than drowning in Kali with frustration.
Old Geezer
Tango Charlie
yeaah was thinking same but i switched from mint lol.. just wondering to get back on windows for a time

I get this one every now and then, it tends to mean "this repository is no longer available" IMO

or, it means you misspelled the package name...

In Linux Mint Software Manager...here it is...
1708995584761.png

Just install it...easy.
1708995800314.gif

Moving this to Kali

Wizard