Do we have any web devs here?

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
If so, I just saw an excellent tool on Reddit. It's a repository of NPM vulnerabilities - and a few features that include paid features. If I was running a business that was doing JavaScript work, I'd consider this. I might consider this (the free stuff) so that I can have it check my WordPress plugins once a month. I'd just need to upload 'em to a private repo at GitHub, I think...

Anyhow, if you're a web dev you'll know more about this than I do, but I'm pretty sure it's great:

please do not disown me but I do the web development with windows and MS Visual studio. older version 2008 version because it actually works and is light and stable. so yes .net only because I have not found a good linux version to use that works so well.
If it helps I do the development on windows 7 in a VM running on linux.

my requirements...

1.. Powerful IDE support VC and VB in .net
2.. easy to publish to web site
3.. Able to design in the IDE and see the pages not have to code to create pages.
4.. I am lazy and want to integrate to see stuff easy because I make dumb mistakes at times.

MS Visual studio

Meh... It's good software and always has been, at least back when I did any programming.

Have you tried VSCode? I've played with it but haven't any real use for it these days. My (bad) programming days are behind me and my good programming days are not in front of me. Though, I still kind of want to learn Python as Linux lacks a good keyboard remapper.

hmmm, I will look at it but I am very remiss to install anything from M$ on my nice clean linux. I just do not trust them.

Looked it over and not what I need. I need the visual editor and VB support also. Gambas3 in linux has been great. Something you might want to look into.

Last edited:
It's not only opensource, but there used to be a version that took out the MSFT bits - but then MSFT ripped those bits out themselves, or something like that.

I'll take a peek at it, but I no longer write much code. At best, I might hack some PHP back into working properly or to do a quick edit. I was once quite proficient with PHP, outside of database stuff. Databases confuse me and make me find my safe space!

I do database mostly MySQL and even wrote a few point of sale programs that use MySQL. It is brain taxing I do admit

Members online

No members online now.