Debian update failed

I did read Debian 11 can use every hardware.
Is this wrong?
no not nessasaraly wrong, but you may need some extra drivers, at this stage I do not wish to speculate until we know the details of your computer [inxi]

How to I tell "inxi".
I see:
-AAudiosystem
-bBasisinformationen
-c NFarbschema: N = 0 - 32
-CProzessor
-DMassenspeicher (-Dd für optische Laufwerke)
-FVollständige Systeminformationen
-GGrafiksystem
-NNetzwerk (mehr Informationen mit -Nn)
-SSysteminformation (Hostname,Kernel,Desktopumgebung,Distro)
-wWetteranzeige
-zPrivate Informationen verbergen (Homeverzeichnis, MAC-Adresse etc.)
-V

Sorry
its German language.

Di I have to do it as root?

Sorry
its German language.

Di I have to do it as root?
NO, and if your going to paste it to an Open message board any string starting -F should finish with z example inxi -Fnxxz to filter out sensitive information, You can Sudo inxi -Fnxx and it will give you more of the sensitive information for your own use

Code:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:~$ inxi -Fnxx
System:
  Host: ah Kernel: 4.9.0-18-686-pae i686 bits: 32 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.1
  Desktop: LXDE 0.10.1 wm: Openbox dm: LightDM
  Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Machine:
  Type: Desktop System: Hewlett-Packard
  product: HP Compaq dc5800 Small Form Factor v: N/A
  serial: <superuser required> Chassis: type: 4 serial: <superuser required>
  Mobo: Hewlett-Packard model: 2820h serial: <superuser required>
  BIOS: Hewlett-Packard v: 786F2 v01.53 date: 08/27/2008
CPU:
  Info: Dual Core model: Pentium E5200 bits: 64 type: MCP arch: Penryn
  rev: 6 L2 cache: 2 MiB
  flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 ssse3 bogomips: 9974
  Speed: 1200 MHz min/max: 1200/2500 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1200 2: 1200
Graphics:
  Device-1: Intel 82Q33 Express Integrated Graphics vendor: Hewlett-Packard
  driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:29d2
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: intel
  unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1280x1024~60Hz s-dpi: 96
  OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Q33 x86/MMX/SSE2 v: 1.4 Mesa 20.3.5
  direct render: Yes
Audio:
  Device-1: Intel 82801I HD Audio vendor: Hewlett-Packard
  driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:1b.0 chip ID: 8086:293e
  Sound Server: ALSA v: k4.9.0-18-686-pae
Network:
  Device-1: Intel 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network vendor: Hewlett-Packard
  driver: e1000e v: 3.2.6-k port: 1100 bus ID: 00:19.0 chip ID: 8086:10bd
  IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: 00:24:81:c0:67:5f
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 149.05 GiB used: 107.47 GiB (72.1%)
  ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Seagate model: ST3160815AS size: 149.05 GiB
  speed: 3.0 Gb/s serial: 9RXF306K
Partition:
  ID-1: / size: 140.72 GiB used: 107.47 GiB (76.4%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda1
Swap:
  ID-1: swap-1 type: partition size: 5.96 GiB used: 12 KiB (0.0%)
  priority: -1 dev: /dev/sda5
Sensors:
  System Temperatures: cpu: 47.0 C mobo: N/A
  Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Info:
  Processes: 194 Uptime: 10h 57m Memory: 2.95 GiB used: 1.49 GiB (50.7%)
  Init: systemd v: 247 runlevel: 15 Compilers: gcc: N/A Packages: apt: 2028
  Shell: Bash v: 5.1.4 running in: lxterminal inxi: 3.3.01
xxxxxxxxxxx:~$

Thank You.

Is this ok?

Is this ok?
Bit too much, you did not use the z suffix to filter sensitive information

OK so you have an HP [Compaq] SFF office box, 2008 vintage, 64 bit, here are my immediate thoughts

I have read through the INXI and cannot see any components that may be causing problems, per se,
Panics are usually caused when the Boot loader is waiting for either a component to reply to a request, or has asked for a specific dependency to load , and It's not there,.
So what may be causing the panic, If it's the original Hard-drive, then it is14 years old and may be failing,[test the hard-drive]
Is the installation medium that you used [Pen-drive/optical disc] in good order [use a good quality fairly new pen-drive/ on a machine of this age use a single use DVD-r and burn the ISO file at the slowest speed] oh and did you check the SHA sum
Disable graphics acceleration if you can
as it's quite old, Try installing in legacy mode

I still think it's a hardware issue of some sort. Because the OP has enough RAM (4GB) and plenty of disk space. There's something up with the "boot space" on the hard disk, might need to be GPT instead of MBR which might be a reason why Debian v10 refused to work while v9 did. This is assuming the OP remained installing 32-bit operating systems and didn't try to move up to 64-bit.

One more thing. Posting stuff from "asku-and-you" site and other places where help could be acquired, is a little bit rude to people on this site trying to help. It's like the OP is asking us to choose one of the solutions for him/her from a different site. But this is only my personal feeling.

I did
inxi -Fnxxz

Was this wrong?

I think it is not the hardware guilty.

Guilty was the update.

I did update.

Debian said:
Boot again.
PANIC

Regards

Debian is running fine in recocery modus.

I did
inxi -Fnxxz

Was this wrong?
You did not run inix-Fnxxz - you ran inxi-Fnxx - from your above post

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:~$ inxi -Fnxx
System:
Host: ah Kernel: 4.9.0-18-686-pae i686 bits: 32 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.1
Desktop: LXDE 0.10.1 wm: Openbox dm: LightDM
Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

You are running a 32 bit kernel (host: ah Kernel: 4.9.0-18-686-pae i686 bits: 32 compiler) I would be expecting a 64 bit kernel since your machine can use it - also that kernel is not used with Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) it should be Kernel 5.10.0-23 which is the current Kernel for Debian 11 bullseye for Debian 12 bookworm it should be Kernel: 6.1.0-9-amd64 arch: x86_64 bits: 64 compiler

My advice would be to reformat your drive - make sure your BIOS is set to Legacy and not UEFI then reinstall Debian 11 or 12

Thank You.
I forgot the "z".
Sorry.

The problem is:
PC is not accepting LIVE CD.

Second question:

Debian 11 is not running with 32 bit?

Regards
Thank You
Sorry forgetting the z.

I tried Ubuntu and other LIVE CDs
same:
panic.

OK. How are you trying to boot into an ISO?

The user downloads an ISO, then decides where to "burn" it to. Either to DVD or to USB. (CD is getting too small even for net-install these days.) Get an USB disk which is at least 16GB in size, to use only for this purpose because all the data contents will be destroyed by the process of etching the ISO and to make it a bootable disk drive. The royal pain is the program to use to burn the ISO. This has to be done so the user plugs in the USB device that was just prepared and boots from it. Or if he/she has a DVD-RAM drive, use the DVD that was just prepared.

It should have been easier to do this with a DVD but I don't know that much about it anymore. The last time I used Nero and other such software (on Windows) was in 2006. :O

If you get a panic while trying to boot from the external disk, then it must be a hardware problem or some error with the BIOS/UEFI configuration. Because the OP was able to boot into an earlier version of Debian before, it can't be a computer whose manufacturer was "ebil" enough to allow only Windows to boot from it.

EDIT: The OP might have to go into the BIOS and change the boot order of the devices. Because if it keeps choosing the hard disk first he/she will continue to have the same problem. Have to change the BIOS so that the external USB device and external CD/DVD drive have a higher priority than internal hard disk.

If I were 100% sure how to set up Ventoy then I would be glad to walk someone through it. But even Ventoy has to be prepared in the way I described. Once set up correctly, however, just copy the ISO into the same drive and then attempt to boot with that disk with Ventoy. Then choose the ISO to start with.

PC is not accepting LIVE CD.
Clean the lens of the optical drive, use a good quality CD-R [for 32 bit] or DVD-r for 64 bit, [note -r] burn the iOS at the slowest selectable speed for best results, on HP/Compaq the short boot menu will be either ESC or F9

OK. How are you trying to boot into an ISO?

The user downloads an ISO, then decides where to "burn" it to. Either to DVD or to USB. (CD is getting too small even for net-install these days.) Get an USB disk which is at least 16GB in size, to use only for this purpose because all the data contents will be destroyed by the process of etching the ISO and to make it a bootable disk drive. The royal pain is the program to use to burn the ISO. This has to be done so the user plugs in the USB device that was just prepared and boots from it. Or if he/she has a DVD-RAM drive, use the DVD that was just prepared.

It should have been easier to do this with a DVD but I don't know that much about it anymore. The last time I used Nero and other such software (on Windows) was in 2006. :O

If you get a panic while trying to boot from the external disk, then it must be a hardware problem or some error with the BIOS/UEFI configuration. Because the OP was able to boot into an earlier version of Debian before, it can't be a computer whose manufacturer was "ebil" enough to allow only Windows to boot from it.

EDIT: The OP might have to go into the BIOS and change the boot order of the devices. Because if it keeps choosing the hard disk first he/she will continue to have the same problem. Have to change the BIOS so that the external USB device and external CD/DVD drive have a higher priority than internal hard disk.

If I were 100% sure how to set up Ventoy then I would be glad to walk someone through it. But even Ventoy has to be prepared in the way I described. Once set up correctly, however, just copy the ISO into the same drive and then attempt to boot with that disk with Ventoy. Then choose the ISO to start with.

What did I do.

I did download Linux Distros as ISO.

Then I did burn them on DVD:

Knoppix
Debian
Ubuntu
Fedora
a.o.m.
Then I did boot the DVD
same crash
"panic".

What do I do wrong?

Did you use DVD-r [ not dvd+R/+r or RW] did you burn it at the slowest speed? Did you burn it as a bootable disc?
Did you clean the lenses?

Sorry
Its worse
PC running
first time panic during using

Try to boot
panic
try to boot
recovery
now also
panic.

What do I do wrong?

Regards

All DVDS
about 20
Knoppix Debian Ubuntu
we also burn very slow.

What are the "lenses"?

We did download ISO
and burn as boot DVD.

Thank You

We only do use LINUX simple
Install
EDIT GIMP FIREFOX BURN MC
nothing more
no special software
no network
just Internet
and claws.

Good morning

Shall I try:
# fsck -y /dev/sdb

or better

# fsck /dev/sdb
then
# fsck -y /dev/sdb

Regards

Does nobody know the problem "panic"?
Panic has several causes, the most common is.. The grub loader has asked a component for information, and has not had a reply, so it times out, or It could be looking for a dependency which is missing/corrupt,
are you still on Debian 11?
if you are then you may try

sudo apt update && apt --fix-missing [this will check for missing dependencies and usually install them]

sudo apt update && apt -- fix-broken [this will normally find and fix broken packages]

after running either or both the above the run

sudo apt update && apt upgrade

Staff online

Members online