Solved Cinnamon is on bootable USB stick, what next?

Solved issue
@Emanate Presence ....open Update Manager....(menu, type in update manager)

The screens should look like the below pics....

1712481381905.png

1712481414055.png

1712481453584.png

**Pay no attention to blocked packages in 'Packages"....that applies to my pc only.

I can delete some of the threads I started now. Is that recommended?
No, you're good. You have the ability to edit or delete your individual posts, but there's no need. You got here, you've installed Linux... and that's the main thing. :)

And now you'll be having even more questions and will open new topics... but before you do, use the Search box in the upper right corner to search the forums first for a topic you want to know more about. And use Google or Duck Duck Go. Most questions you have will have already been asked and answered somewhere.

But it takes time even for you to begin to learn the new terms that will come up almost every day for you. So it will be hard to even search for awhile. Don't worry... folks here will do their best to help you.

Take your time, learn, and enjoy as you go. :cool:

This may be helpful.

Yeah Linux still sadly puts fear into peoples bones ;) But Linux 15-20 years ago and Linux today are two totally different things. Using Linux today, with distributions like Ubuntu and Mint, is about as easy (or more easy?) than Windows.

I've been using Linux for > 15 years and tried Windows 2 years ago and didn't get far. Always blue screened. I bought a macbook and hate it very, very deeply x) But it does have a command line with which I am familiar LOL

On a side note: Linux actually refers to the Linux kernel. Thats the software that communicates between your software and your hardware (as in when you download a file, thats the layer that communicates with your hard drive).

Ubuntu and Mint and so on are Linux Distributions, which means they are a Linux Kernel + a collection of software for a specific use case, in Ubuntu and Mints case that usecase would be to be a end-user friendly operating system.

Nice explanation, thanks!

I have marked them as Solved instead.

Wizard

Latest posts