Last edited:

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Man, they're dropping like flies.

Cheers was a show everyone knew about and probably watched. I'm not even a TV watcher and I knew of the show - even seeing some episodes here and there. It was just that common - at least in my area.

Of course, I was just across the river in Cambridge at the time.

The bar was a rather touristy place by the time I knew about it. It was The Bull And Finch bar that was what Cheers was supposedly based on. It was over on Beacon Hill as memory serves (but that was a long time ago - and a bar, so who knows how good my memory is).

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I adored her, first encountering her as a troubled woman in North and South in the mid 80s (also starred Patrick Swayze).

RIP

Wizard

OP
Bartman

Bartman

Reaction score
Credits

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
In mid-1990, I spent 4 weeks in France, having gone there for a sporting competition.

When I had time alone in my hotel room, I was able to watch on their TV a favourite Australian sitcom "Hey Dad", and Kirstie in "Cheers". Of course, they were overdubbed in French, so it was fun to see how much of the dialogue I could work out, for the jokes.

Paris was humming, because Madonna was about to tour, and the French loved Madonna.

Takes me back.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Linux.org Hosting Donations
Consider making a donation

Members online

Latest posts