can't install distros.(except centos)

zimak

Reaction score
Credits
i have tried installing multiple distros be it ubuntu, manjaro, xubuntu, pop_os, fedora off of a usb that works with my pc but none of them install on my laptop. the only linux distribution that i was able to install was centOS but i don't like it. i have a old sony vaio VPCF137HG laptop(it's ancient). all of the distros above act the same way.. i boot into the iso be it live or for installation, it works for 20-30 seconds then shutsdown my laptop. and it's not a force shutdown, but a simple shutdown cause ubuntu tells me to "remove the installation media then press enter". and the centos installation is weird too cause after i boot into it, it goes to sleep and when it turns on again it works fine. please help.

Carosone

Reaction score
Credits
i have tried installing multiple distros be it ubuntu, manjaro, xubuntu, pop_os, fedora off of a usb that works with my pc but none of them install on my laptop. the only linux distribution that i was able to install was centOS but i don't like it. i have a old sony vaio VPCF137HG laptop(it's ancient). all of the distros above act the same way.. i boot into the iso be it live or for installation, it works for 20-30 seconds then shutsdown my laptop. and it's not a force shutdown, but a simple shutdown cause ubuntu tells me to "remove the installation media then press enter". and the centos installation is weird too cause after i boot into it, it goes to sleep and when it turns on again it works fine. please help.
why you tell is ancient laptop? "VPCF137HG laptop(it's ancient) " is core7 with ddr3 memory stick 1Gb memory graphics and more... Maybe you must test memory with SW commercial.... some time is one trouble problem...

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits
Here are the specs for that "sony vaio VPCF137HG laptop(it's ancient".... @Carosone is quite right, that laptop is no slouch !

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits
What was the laptop running before you decided to try Linux?.....tell us a little of its history.

OP
Z

zimak

Reaction score
Credits
What was the laptop running before you decided to try Linux?.....tell us a little of its history.
it's my laptop's battery. im using my laptop without a battery and linux thinks of it as a critical level of battery charge so it just turns my laptop off. i proved this by turning the UPower service on centos off and now even centos wont boot. i just dont know how to turn this off in the live usb boot process or the installation procces. any solution?

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Linux.org Hosting Donations
Consider making a donation

Staff online