Cannot install any Linux Distributions on Thinkpad x201

Thanks for that. Given what you have tried, in thinking further, it sounds to me like the kernel panic indicated by this error message:

probably needs more investigation. My own approach would be to use a rescue disk such as systemrescue found here:
boot it and investigate the health of the hard drive. The rescue disk includes tools that may not be available on ordinary live disks. If the smartctl program in particular passes the hard drive, it may be useful to re-partition it to clear it of data altogether making it either free space, or a new partitioning arrangement of your choice before again trying to install a new distro.
The only problem is when I have the HDD plugged into the X201 NOTHING boots. I could see if I have a HDD to USB converter to boot it on my other Thinkpad.

The only problem is when I have the HDD plugged into the X201 NOTHING boots. I could see if I have a HDD to USB converter to boot it on my other Thinkpad.
Thanks for that info. It's sounds rather intractable, and though I do run a Thinkpad, and have run them in the past too, this issue has been resolved in my case more simply by the means I have proposed which have not been successful in your case. It may be useful to check out the lenovo linux forum here:
where there may be users with more experience with this particular difficulty. Wish you luck on it.

In your BIOS, look for something like AHCI or Intel RST. Toggle that, save the settings, and try that.

Latest posts