Can ctrl-z be saved to disk and process reanimated subsequent to reboot?

Halvor Raknes

Reaction score
Credits
I am using an app called yt-dlp which can download video playlists from video sharing sites such as YouTube.. Sometimes going though all items on a playlist sorting out which videos fit the download criteria can take longer than the time I have available before I need to log off of the Internet. It would be of great help to me if I could restart the process from where it has progressed the next time I log onto the net rather than having to start from the beginning.

I don't think that's going to work. The processes will be killed when the terminal exits, wiped from cache other than the command may be saved to your .bash_history (the default).

But, I checked the man page and there's a -c option. If you're lucky, that will create a log file and let you resume after reboot. You just add the -c flag to your command each time you use it.

Try that and let us know if that does the trick.

Also, if you're feeling energetic, there are some really good download manager browser extensions. While it does require an open browser, it might be worth looking into.

Staff online

Members online