Brother Treiber Installation

moers

Reaction score
Credits
Ich habe einen Brother DCP-J552DW und habe mir auf der Hauptseite von Brother den Treiber für Linux als dcpj552dwlpr-3.0.0-1.i386.deb
heruntergeladen, ich bekomme ihn nicht installiert er meldet er wäre schon drauf ich habe Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon aber er druckt nicht und wird nicht unter Drucker angezeigt suche nach Treiber hat Nicks gebracht ich weiß nicht, was ich da noch machen kann.
hoffe, es kann einer mir helfen.
grüße moers
PS: BITTE um Verständnis bin 69 und nicht mehr geistig so beweglich.

Willkommen im Forum, als internationales Forum bitten wir darum, dass alle Beiträge auf Englisch verfasst werden. Wenn Sie sich der englischen Sprache nicht mächtig fühlen, benutzen Sie bitte https://www.deepl.com/translator.

{Welcome to the forums, as an international board we ask that all Posts be made in English, If you do not feel proficient in English please use https://www.deepl.com/translator}

Linux cups drivers for Brother printers are in the Mint Repository, if you are hard-wired to the printer, disconnect the USB lead, switch on your computer, power up the printer then insert the USB, it should initiate an automatic installation.

Many of us are past 70 on this forum so you will be in good company

Willkommen im Forum, als internationales Forum bitten wir darum, dass alle Beiträge auf Englisch verfasst werden. Wenn Sie sich der englischen Sprache nicht mächtig fühlen, benutzen Sie bitte https://www.deepl.com/translator.

{Welcome to the forums, as an international board we ask that all Posts be made in English, If you do not feel proficient in English please use https://www.deepl.com/translator}

Linux cups drivers for Brother printers are in the Mint Repository, if you are hard-wired to the printer, disconnect the USB lead, switch on your computer, power up the printer then insert the USB, it should initiate an automatic installation.

Many of us are past 70 on this forum so you will be in good company
Unfortunately it has now another problem, it has found my printer, but it does not print.in the printer configuration it is registered but under brand and model the generic text only printer is registered, but it can not be changed

Unfortunately it has now another problem, it has found my printer, but it does not print.in the printer configuration it is registered but under brand and model the generic text only printer is registered, but it can not be changed

"it has found my printer, but it does not print"

try .. open menu, all applications and scroll down to printers and open, make sure your printer is showing and enabled [has a green tick over the printer icon]

"it has found my printer, but it does not print"

try .. open menu, all applications and scroll down to printers and open, make sure your printer is showing and enabled [has a green tick over the printer icon]
Reply Printer Local host does not respond.

then it should be working,
are you using a laptop under 7 yrs old?, you could try whilst it is switched on, press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds then re-boot [this will sometimes clear connection problems]

Sorry then I have gone as far as I can, members are spread across the world and all time zones, hopefully one may turn up with the same printer as you who may have other solutions.

Sorry then I have gone as far as I can, members are spread across the world and all time zones, hopefully one may turn up with the same printer as you who may have other solutions.
That may be the clock thing her the info to your information,thanks for your efforts.

suppose the syllable "i386" appears in the names of the Brother drivers?

That means: they are 32-bit versions.

And before the driver installation is started, the appropriate 32-bit libraries must be installed in addition to the required libs.
I don't have Mint, in my distribution they are called:

- glibc glibc-32bit
- libusb-0_1-4 libusb-0_1-4-32bit
- libusb-1_0-0 libusb-1_0-0-32bit
[/quote]

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

With your printer on and connected to your computer
Open your web browser and type in - http://localhost:631/admin
Does it appear under "Manage Printers" when you click on it? If it does not use either "Add Printer" or "Find New Printer" options

DCP-J552DW DCP-J552DW PC Generic Text-Only Printer idle

The Generic Text-Only Printer is fully blocking my printer
I can't change the entry under Printer, under Brand and Model.

Code:
sudo apt install printer-driver-gutenprint

And then try re-adding the printer again.

Package lists are read... Ready
Dependency tree is built.
Status information is read.... Ready
printer-driver-gutenprint is already the latest version (5.3.3-4).
0 updated, 0 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not updated.

the printer responds to the print command indicating that it is printing, but it does not print on paper or file. I don't know what to do. And the great thing is, it does dock

The only other thing I can think of is the driver is not talking to cups, I think the wrapper might be missing
once downloaded extract the contents - you should see this

1.png

Now right click here and oped a terminal at this location

2.png

Now type in
Code:
sudo bash ./linux-brprinter-installer-2.2.3-1
to install the wrapper

Now leave printer on and plugged in now reboot

Staff online

Members online