Bleachbit

kc1di

Reaction score
Credits

^^^^^....what he said^^^^^^

Very dangerous.

I admit it needs to be used with great care!

For those that like system cleaners Bleachbit has released an update.
Already upgraded on our Manjaro unstable ! :)
Never had any problem with it, if used with care, indeed...

Greetz,

Eddy

Last edited:
Yup. Tools can be dangerous. Do not touch the moving saw blade.

I don't clean my systems with Bleachbit, but I have used it before. It didn't break anything.

I'd have to look at it to see which options are risky. That might make a suitable article.

Yup. Tools can be dangerous. Do not touch the moving saw blade.

I don't clean my systems with Bleachbit, but I have used it before. It didn't break anything.

I'd have to look at it to see which options are risky. That might make a suitable article.
That would make a good article.
I like Bleachbit when I'm done with a drive. Wipe it good.

That would make a good article.
I like Bleachbit when I'm done with a drive. Wipe it good.
I'm out and about today, but I will keep that in mind. It seems like a good idea for an article.

I find it good for cleaning out rubbish and it does tell you if one of your choices could jeopardise the integrity of your system.

I much prefer having control over what I "clean" on my machine, so any maintenance is done manually.

I use ubuntu cleaner and Stacer they do a good job and let me choose what to clean. ocassionally will Issue these command in the terminal
Code:
sudo apt autoremove && sudo autoclean
Have used Bleachbit in the past and the new version seems to work well with admonition be careful before you hit the clean botton.

TBH, with the way I've got Puppy set-up now, if the system seems to be getting a bit on the slow side, all I do is delete the 'save' and start afresh.

The 'save' holds very little these days. Virtually every app I use - with the exception of certain small system utilities - is now a 'portable' version run from outside the 'save' (and every portable contains its configuration files in-situ). I have a script set-up that links all my 'portable' apps into the system and sets-up Menu entries simultaneously.....plus a second one that auto-installs my system utilities, along with themes, desktop background wallpaper, and other odds'n'ends.

12-15 minutes later, hey presto!.....a brand-new, 'squeaky-clean' system, with Puppy champing at the bit to get 'stuck-in' and get on with something.....

It works for moi; perhaps very 'ungeek-like' of me, but I never see the point in being so dogmatic about doing stuff the official, correct & 'proper' way that you spend all your time doing nothing but that. At the end of the day, Puppy is still just a tool that allows me to run my software & get on with doing what I want to do; why waste time constantly 'fettling' the system almost to the exclusion of everything else?

(Which is also why I never really understand Linux geeks to whom the OS appears to be an end in itself. An OS is something that facilitates doing other stuff; by itself, frankly, it's about as much use as a chocolate teapot.....)

But that's just my perhaps 'quirky' take on things.

Mike. ;)

Last edited:
Hey Mike where is the thumbnail cache files located at in Puppy Linux.
I used to know back in the days of Tahr Pup but don't seem to remember anymore.

Members online