best laptops for LMDE6

Reaction score
Credits
Hello! I am currently using a M1 MacBook Air. It is essentially a overly expensive laptop that cannot game, cannot edit video, and will randomly crash an app for no reason.

I like LMDE6 better.

I am considering selling my laptop and buying something similar, so for example a older HP book for around 200 (compared to presently the laptop I own is 800$)

Do you know of particular laptops that run well with LMDE 6? or just LMDE in general? Like I said, I am considering HP books/dell laptops, but theres so many options its overwhelming, I just want something with a good keyboard, and that isn't too old so it doesnt work, (an i5 would work fine)

I would prefer the body to be made of some kind of metal and not plastic.

I am a devotee of Dell refurbished laptops, My 13 yr old Insperon run perfectly fine with LMDE6, [but too slow for even soft gaming] but if you want a reasonable performance for not a lot of dosh, I would be looking at something like this.

I am currently using a M1 MacBook Air.

Linux can run on M1 architecture now. Maybe not LMDE, but the newest kernels can. I'm not sure if they're quite 100% but, if not, they're REALLY close. I'd explore that route, 'cause that's some pretty sweet hardware you've got there.

If you want an old laptop my personal choice is the Lenovo T530. Its peak Lenovo and harks back to the old IBM days when they were the "engineers" laptop.

Nice mix of metal and plastic, robust as hell, wonderful keyboard and yes a bit heavy by today's standards so not for travellers. I've had it from new and its still kicking along beautifully to this day. Best laptop investment I ever made.

Its running LMDE 6 seamlessly. If you do want to go down this path I'd suggest looking for the high resolution screen option and ideally the dedicated GPU.

You can source them off EBay and Amazon.

Members online

Latest posts