Solved Archer T4E Wifi Card Only Works in Ubuntu USB Live Environment, disapears after installing Ubuntu

Solved issue

ghosty999

Reaction score
Credits
Hello Linux folks!

I'm installing Ubuntu onto a HP SFF to act as a media player. (I tried others like Mint but no WiFi drivers came with the OS)

When I test the OS in the live environment I can connect to WiFi. As soon as I install Ubuntu, its gone! "No WiFi adapter found"

Any ideas?

Ive tried installing with third party drivers, without, with and without internet during the install etc etc

Whilst in live mode, install [if necessary] install inxi from the software manage and run inxi -Nn , then copy/paste back the result and we can tell you which wi-fi driver you need to install

edit
I think it will be a Broadcom BCM4360 if so try installing bc43 fwcutter from the software manager

Last edited:
Whilst in live mode, install [if necessary] install inxi from the software manage and run inxi -Nn , then copy/paste back the result and we can tell you which wi-fi driver you need to install

edit
I think it will be a Broadcom BCM4360 if so try installing bc43 fwcutter from the software manager
I restarted the PC twice and now it seems of have grabbed the drivers... no idea!

Thanks for your help regardless :)

Members online