Apple’s thumb drive with Ubuntu

UbuntuMatt

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
I’ve read many times that IOS won’t support Linux. Will it (my iPad) run Ubuntu from Apple’s own flash/thumb drive if it’s loaded there?
TIA,
Matt

No. Soon?

Hi,
I’ve read many times that IOS won’t support Linux. Will it (my iPad) run Ubuntu from Apple’s own flash/thumb drive if it’s loaded there?
TIA,
Matt
Matt,

It’s both part of the operating system (iOS) and Apple’s hardware today. You still can’t run Linux from a thumb drive of any kind even if it’s an Apple thumb drive - on an Apple device.

Think of it this way: the many decades that Windows ruled the world they were NOT going to let you run Apple‘s iOS from one of their Windows systems - whether it was from a desktop computer or laptop computer or a thumb drive it just wasn’t going to happen.

Now that Apple clearly rules the world they are going to do things much the same way as Microsoft did. They’re going to do things their way and not really pay attention to any of us.

Matt,

It’s both part of the operating system (iOS) and Apple’s hardware today. You still can’t run Linux from a thumb drive of any kind even if it’s an Apple thumb drive - on an Apple device.

Think of it this way: the many decades that Windows ruled the world they were NOT going to let you run Apple‘s iOS from one of their Windows systems - whether it was from a desktop computer or laptop computer or a thumb drive it just wasn’t going to happen.

Now that Apple clearly rules the world they are going to do things much the same way as Microsoft did. They’re going to do things their way and not really pay attention to any of us.
Matt,

Great. Not really what I was hoping for but it answers my question thanks a lot.

Matt

Members online

Latest posts