Another new Browser.

kc1di

Reaction score
Credits

Looks like another Chromium-based browser so nothing new, sticking to Firefox here.

Heh. Yeah, there's not much to choose from these days.......is there?

Even Midori - which some of us have been messing about with recently on the Puppy Forums - has switched away from its original WebKit-based 'roots', and gone with a 'zilla base instead. I've been experimenting with it for several days (posting from it now, in fact).

Despite NOT being a Firefox fan, I have to say the guys have done an amazing job with it; it's unbelievably stable. Even current FF, running under one of the very newest Puppies, will usually 'crash' (or otherwise misbehave) at least a few times a week. Midori has shown absolutely no sign of doing this.....yet.

Time will tell, of course.

Mike. :p

Another Chrome-based browser, no thanks! I'll stick with Firefox.

Even Midori - which some of us have been messing about with recently on the Puppy Forums - has switched away from its original WebKit-based 'roots', and gone with a 'zilla base instead. I've been experimenting with it for several days (posting from it now, in fact).

I forgot to keep up with Midori to see what they'd been doing. I appreciated their earlier efforts, so it's good to hear that they're shipping a browser again.

I have three now, that's enough.
m1213.gif

Hmmm... Does it pop up when you press ctl-alt at the console? :)

Members online