Android Security Issues(CONCLUDED)

Reaction score
Credits
unsure whether this thread goes in Linux security or Off-topic since it's not necessarily Linux-related
My father has been having security issues with his phone. His account has been sending messages unbeknownst to him as well as excessive file corruption and deletion. Now, the issue is he does not use his phone for anything other than messaging or calling. No emails, no internet, no apps. nothing. I wanted to help him with this issue but I have no idea what to do or even where to start, I don't have an Android.
Does anybody have any clue on what can be done about this?

With those kind of performance issue's I would to a reset for sure.

Before doing a Factory Reset your father should write down or send a text message to your phone with his contacts list.

What exact phone does he have? What version of Android?

UI ver 5.1, android 13, security software MDF v3.3 release 1. I don't know what else information could be needed let me know if there is. but thank you for the information and ill be sure to tell him!

UI ver 5.1, android 13, security software MDF v3.3 release 1. I don't know what else information could be needed let me know if there is. but thank you for the information and ill be sure to tell him!
See if there are any more updates and apply them.

IF that doesn't stop the performance weirdness then performing a factory reset is your father's best bet.

I see, I appreciate the help! It has been getting to a serious matter and I think a factory reset is ideal after looking into it. Thank you again

I see, I appreciate the help! It has been getting to a serious matter and I think a factory reset is ideal after looking into it. Thank you again
You're welcome.

Let us know how that goes.

getting a virus on Android is very rare, I would expect the most likely issue is corruption from either a bad update or faulty memory. Either one means do a factory reset and be ready to get a new device.

Members online

Latest posts