A770 and grub 2

devianan

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,
During reboot, what should be grub menu is three dishes only on the monitor, has anyone had this problem?

G'day devianan, Welcome to Linux.org

Details please.

Which OS are you running?

Does the pc complete booting?

Were there any updates prior to this happening?

etc

Details please.

etc
So far I have tried Manjaro and PCLinux OS. Same behavior, no updates, fresh installs, both OS were at least kernel 6.1

Hello,
During reboot, what should be grub menu is three dishes only on the monitor, has anyone had this problem?
Uh.......translation, please? Am I missing some special geek-only terminology? :p

Mike.;)

::three dishes only on the monitor""

and here was me thinking that everyone had three dishes present on their monitor at boot......NOT !

I'm thinking that they mean 'dashes'.

While still not helpful, it's probably not 'dishes'.

The OP has seen the result of various senses' of humour....and has not replied !

@devianan ....my first post applies, still...

Details please.

etc

More Information Please...We do not read minds

What have you tried since those failures?

did you disable secure boot in the bios?

What are the specs of your pc?....make and model etc ?

Just to be entirely clear, humour aside, help is freely and willingly available here, but it's best to have some accurate details of the problem.

Problems with blank screens and dashes, (if that's what they are) may be associated with the graphics card, so the output of the following terminal commands might supply some useful info in the first instance:
Code:
lspci -nnk |grep -A3 -i vga

inxi -G

xrandr

If it's not possible to get into the system from normal grub, it's possible to boot to text mode to then run the above commands. See this thread to check out how to boot to text mode:

In a preliminary look at the Intel Arc 770 graphics card, it's reported to run well on 6.2 kernels. Another report indicated a BIOS update was needed to get a latest feature. In that case, it would be useful to know the kernel version, among other details of the computer with a command like:
Code:
uname -a

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online