Recommended by Mozilla.......Fakespot: How to use Fakespot, the AI tool that helps you detect fake reviews

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits
I recently came across this article, ...it was included in a blurb from Mozilla, : https://blog.mozilla.org/en/mozilla...n=mozilla-brand&utm_content=julynewsletter-na

Under the Products heading, there is this :

which includes:

which is all touchy feely etc etc...keeps the bad guys from stealing your two and sixpence halfpenny etc etc etc....stop them from sucking you in with naughty suggestions and just plain bs

Ok....it works on ebay and amazon and walmart and the list continues......

You install it from the Chrome Web Store, or from Firefox...(depending on your browsers flavour)

While you are feeling particularly grateful that the internet gods have smiled on you, you just happen to read their privacy policy...reproduced below :

Fakespot Fake Amazon Reviews and eBay Sellers has disclosed the following information regarding the collection and usage of your data. More detailed information can be found in the developer's privacy policy.

Fakespot Fake Amazon Reviews and eBay Sellers collects the following:

• Personally identifiable information​

For example: name, address, email address, age, or identification number
  • Authentication information​

For example: passwords, credentials, security question, or personal identification number (PIN)
  • Location​

For example: region, IP address, GPS coordinates, or information about things near the user’s device
  • Web history​

The list of web pages a user has visited, as well as associated data such as page title and time of visit
  • User activity​

• Website content​

For example: text, images, sounds, videos, or hyperlinks

SO....will you still download and use it ??

Why or why not

??

Fakespot Fake Amazon Reviews and eBay Sellers collects the following
Yes sir. I had a friend recommend it to me awhile back, I installed it, went on to Amazon to see how it fared, and it didn't take me 15 minutes for me to figure out what they were doing. I didn't even have to look at the info they collect, it was common sense, uninstalled and the machine I was using was timeshifted back a day lol

What strikes me as well as the obvious.....is the fact that it is recommended by Mozilla.....the supposed 'kings' of all things secure for the users of their browser and all things internet.

Ugh... Not even I'd install that - and I'd give out directions to my house.

Administrator's Note - In attempting to clean up what was a duplicate thread, I had an error with site software and a bit of content disappeared. Regrets.

I invite those who posted to repost if they remember or have a copy of what they posted or can approximate it.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Don't you laugh, Brian ... I know where you live.

b-Zo-Rud6-Imgur.gif
is rolling on the floor ok ??

iu

Members online

No members online now.