Solved Wow! Two flashes and its a bootable drive!

Solved issue

Emanate Presence

Reaction score
Credits
On multiple attempts yesterday to download the 2.9 GB Linux Virginia file, from morning to past midnight, the network connection failed repeatedly, per screenshot. Messages while downloading were saying, 'This is going to take 2-3 days.' Finally, I let go of the obsession to get it done.

This morning, at breakfast we saw a most unusual flash of white light in the sky over the ridge. It was lightening, but really different. Afterwards, I started the download again, inquiring of higher self which mirror to use, and lay back down on the bed to hear my Oracle 'meditation with headphones.' Not saying there's connection between these happenings, just saying.

Half an hour later when I got up again, the download was almost completed and I had the joy to see it finalize. I asked higher self with the Oracle whether or not I should validate, and it said No. I started Etcher to flash to iso file to a USB stick, and Etcher gave the option to validate, which I ran. Some of this will sound woo woo to people, and that's okay, I am just sharing my experience as interpreted.

Yay! Now I can test out Linux Mint Cinnamon Virginia from the bootable USB. Surely there are still adventures ahead....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-05 102100.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-05 102100.png
    321.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2024-04-04 185645.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 185645.png
    739.7 KB · Views: 57

Which university site did you use.? Click on my how do I link below to read and follow,

Which university site did you use.? Click on my how do I link below to read and follow,
  • Switch the device on and open the temporary boot menu(method will depend on the make and model of your computer).
That's where I am in your instructions.

Can anyone tell me how to open the temporary boot menu in Windows? I think this is Win 11.

Can anyone tell me how to open the temporary boot menu in Windows? I think this is Win 11.
YOU DONT, you follow my directions,
Disable windows quick start and secure boot [if your machine has them] in the BIOS

anything in BLUE in my tutorial is a link click on temporary boot menu and it will give you a separate tutorial

YOU DONT, you follow my directions,
Disable windows quick start and secure boot [if your machine has them] in the BIOS
Brickwizard. my question was in direct response to someone who wrote. I have no idea how to disable windows quick start and secure boot. Those things are foreign to me.

Actually my question was in response to the line in your instructions. I am barely managing with this new computer, weak wifi that causes hang ups, and not knowing terminology people use here.

For example, copy / paste are easy in ipad, I havent figured it on windows yet. And we have had extra to deal with since the social security payment we live on was $350 short this month and we had to drive twice to the city to mail a form to the U.S. I am just very tired.

Okay,
anything in BLUE in my tutorial is a link click on temporary boot menu and it will give you a separate tutorial
I clicked the link for Boot.

Is this also how to test Linux without installing it?

I mean, can I run Mint Cinnamon Virginia from the USB stick?

Your tutorial doesn't sound like it applies to me, or I just don't see yet how it does:

'Booting to USB, what’s the purpose? The purpose is to install or repair an already running system. It means booting to something other than your default internal drive (under normal configurations) and using that booted media to effect change on your system.'

Okay, but what I want is next to test Linux, like a sandbox.

Ha! Just figured copy paste in Windows!

Ha! Just figured copy paste in Windows!
its the same in Linux, left click and scroll over what you want to copy, right click select copy , go to where you want to paste , left click to get a cursor then right click and click on paste

to open BIOS on a Lenovo
switch on whilst Repeatedly taping the F1 key
windows quick start/fast boot [if you have it] will normally be found under power settings
Secure boot will normally be under security setting

... and while you are in BIOS you could also look for a setting to boot from USB before hard drive.

Wiz

Members online

Latest posts