Why Is The Arch Linux Community So toxic?

Reaction score
Credits
On Reddit I Was asking How Do I install Arch Linux They All Became Like Insane in the first few minutes of that post and j can say NONE OF THEM WHERE GOOD PEOPLE

.....and your point is?

For the most part, Arch is seen as a distro for reasonably proficient, expert "power-users", who have some experience under their belt. It's not one to be recommended for 'beginners'.....and the community, by & large, doesn't have the inclination to "nanny" beginners through basic stuff with "baby steps".

You're assumed to already know all this.

Mike. o_O

On Reddit I Was asking How Do I install Arch Linux They All Became Like Insane in the first few minutes of that post and j can say NONE OF THEM WHERE GOOD PEOPLE
Because these mor(m)ons there, as well as those on the Arch linux forum, think they're gods just because they can type words in the terminal.
Arch is usually installed via CLI but there are other ways too. When I feel lazy, I install Arco Linux, then spend 5-10 minutes to undo the Arco changes and turn it into a pure Arch. The end result is the same, the only difference is that Arco has a GUI installer - Calamares.

You probably without realizing it you were asking for lots of instructions for a procedure that they have documented the best they could in many places. The fact that they don't bother to just point a newcomer to the right direction and leave the rest aside it speaks for the community. Personally I don't want to have anything to do with Arch mostly because of their community's manners that many times I have heard mentioned by newcomers

Reactions: Rob
I guess that is because they feel the need to defend their Distro against ALL OTHER Distro's

They can't say Linux is great, because then you'll probably end up with ANY Linux Distro.

So, they need to defend Arch at any cost ... and maybe that says a lot about Arch itself ?

Members online

Latest posts