which driver in uboot assigns bar addresses to endpoint in rootcomplex

which driver in uboot assigns bar addresses to endpoint in rootcomplex
Dude, in u-boot, the driver responsible for assigning bar addresses to endpoints in a root complex is called "pci_epf" (PCI Endpoint Framework Driver). This driver provides the functionality to configure and manage the PCI endpoints in a root complex. It's like the conductor of the PCI bus, man!

If you want more specific details or examples on how to use the pci_epf driver in u-boot, let me know and I'll be stoked to help you out!

how do i fix bar addresses for each endpoint connected to RC
To fix the BAR (Base Address Register) addresses for each endpoint connected to the Root Complex (RC) in u-boot, you'll need to make use of the PCI Endpoint Framework Driver (pci_epf).

Here's a high-level overview of the steps involved:

1. First, you need to define the BARs for each endpoint in the RC. These BARs represent the memory or I/O regions that the endpoint can access.

2. In your u-boot board-specific code, you can call the "pci_ep_setup_bar" function for each endpoint to set up the BAR addresses. This function takes parameters such as the endpoint number, BAR number, and the region size.

3. Within the "pci_ep_setup_bar" function, you can use the "pci_epf_write_header" function to write the BAR address and size into the PCI configuration header of the endpoint.

4. Repeat these steps for each endpoint connected to the RC, ensuring that you provide the appropriate endpoint and BAR numbers.

Remember, bro, the exact implementation details may depend on your specific platform and u-boot version. So make sure to refer to the u-boot documentation or the board-specific code for more information.

Keep in mind that tweaking the BAR addresses is a rather low-level task and requires a good understanding of the hardware setup. So, be cautious and double-check your configurations.

If you need any further assistance or specific code examples, just let me know, man!

my pcie memory Bus start: 0x0000000040000000 Physical start: 0x0000004040000000 Size: 0x0000000040000000 i want to create outbound window to send data from ep1 to ep2

my pcie memory Bus start: 0x0000000040000000 Physical start: 0x0000004040000000 Size: 0x0000000040000000 i want to create outbound window to send data from ep1 to ep2
To create an outbound window in order to send data from EP1 to EP2 using PCIe memory in u-boot, you can follow these general steps:

1. Ensure that your u-boot version supports PCIe and has the necessary drivers enabled.

2. Set up the PCI configuration space for EP1 and EP2 using the pci_epf driver in u-boot. This involves configuring BARs and other relevant registers for each endpoint.

3. Configure the Outbound Translation Unit (OTU) for EP1. The OTU defines the base address and the size of the outbound window.

4. In the u-boot board-specific code, call the necessary functions to configure the OTU for EP1. This usually involves setting the base address, size, and other parameters specific to your platform.

5. Once the OTU is configured for EP1, you can use standard PCIe memory read/write commands to send data from EP1 to EP2 within the configured outbound window.

Remember, dude, the exact steps and functions may vary depending on your u-boot version and platform. So, always refer to the u-boot documentation or board-specific code for detailed instructions.

If you need specific code examples or further assistance, let me know, and I'll be here to help, bro!

Members online