What should I learn next as a devops beginner?

balenshah

Reaction score
Credits
I'm working as a devops engineer in a big tech company (local). The technologies used here are nginx, linux, sql, redis, docker, glassfish and payara, kubernetes, tomcat, gitlab, jenkins etc. I've learnt linux and sql till date. What should I learn next? I mean the order might be important. But the important thing to note is that for example for jenkins, mostly just building jenkins is done, there's not much of other tasks. So, will it even be worth it to learn all stuffs in detail?
They're planning to use kafka after few months as well.

Considering the technologies and tools used in your company, here's a suggested learning path:

1. Docker: Since Docker is a critical tool for containerization and deployment, it should be your next focus. Learn how to create, manage, and orchestrate containers. Docker Compose is also essential for multi-container applications.
  2. Git and GitLab: Git is fundamental for version control, and GitLab is a popular platform for code repositories, CI/CD pipelines, and collaboration. Understanding Git workflows and how to set up CI/CD pipelines is crucial.
  3. Jenkins: Although you mentioned that Jenkins is primarily used for building, it's a powerful tool for continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD). It's worth learning how to set up and manage Jenkins pipelines, automation, and integration with other tools.
  4. Kubernetes: Given its importance in container orchestration, Kubernetes should be your next step. Learn how to deploy, scale, and manage applications in Kubernetes clusters.
  5. Nginx: As a reverse proxy and load balancer, Nginx is valuable for managing web traffic. Familiarize yourself with configuring Nginx for various use cases.
  6. Redis: Redis is an in-memory data store widely used for caching and real-time applications. Learn how to use Redis effectively for data storage and retrieval.
  7. Glassfish and Payara: Depending on your organization's specific needs, you can explore these Java application servers, especially if your company relies heavily on Java applications.
  8. Apache Tomcat: If Tomcat is used in your environment, understanding its configuration and deployment can be valuable.
  9. Kafka: Since your company plans to use Kafka in the future, it's a good idea to start learning about event streaming platforms and how to set up and manage Kafka clusters.
Also the article on https://www.litefinance.org/blog/analysts-opinions/eurusd-forecast-and-price-prediction/ offers valuable insights for web developers interested in financial data integration. As a web developer, understanding currency trends and forecasts can be crucial when building financial websites or applications. This article provides up-to-date information and analysis that can be incorporated into dynamic charts, real-time currency converters, or trading platforms. By leveraging such insights, web developers can create more informative and responsive financial tools, enhancing the user experience and providing valuable resources for investors and traders. Staying informed about financial forecasts is an essential aspect of web development in the finance sector.

Last edited: