Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

What applications in Kali are you using most often?

Discussion in 'Kali Linux' started by Rob, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Which applications within Kali are you using most often?

2. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Super Moderator
    Staff Member Gold Supporter

I am DEFINITELY going to be coming back to this one, after I have had more experience with The Death Goddess.

For now, the facetious answer is:

The ones they don't have installed by default.

I am using Kali 17.1 Rolling, and had to install LibreOffice, Synaptic, and a number of others, just to reach my comfort zone.

It looks extraordinarily interesting, so I will be back when I have added value on the Kali-specific apps, which is what I expect you are looking for, input-wise?

Cheers all

Wizard

VP9KS and Rob like this.
  3. VP9KS

VP9KS Well-Known Member

Death Goddess? Pray tell what is that?:confused:

4. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Super Moderator
    Staff Member Gold Supporter

From Wikipedia

Kali is always depicted as having at least four arms, often more, as shown below

[​IMG]

Given the penetration testing/hacking nature of Kali Linux, I would be surprised if the Devs did not have her in mind, lol.

Wizard

BTW - question from a newbie here - are we OK with leaving in hyperlinks on quoted materials? I figure Wikipedia should be pretty safe. At my previous Forum they were a bit anal about linking to offsite venues, but if that is the case here, then overstrike "anal" and replace with "cautious" :rolleyes:

Edited - added BTW

#4 wizardfromoz, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  5. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

I think we're good.. i've never had an issue w/ linking to off-site information if it'll help the users..

6. VP9KS

VP9KS Well-Known Member

Just downloaded 2017.2 (32 bit) a few days ago. I have yet to install it, but I will when time allows. Forensic Toolkit was recommended to me, but I don't normally (?) run in a Windows environment, so I will dabble with Kali in my spare time. I need to do some reading up on it before I boot it for the first time. Who knows, I may even learn something:eek:.

Happy Trails,:)
    Paul

wizardfromoz likes this.
  7. NightsLast

NightsLast New Member

when I used Kali the apps I used the most were the same ones I use now with parrot, Terminal and Firefox. Unless I don't have an internet connection...then wifite, aircrack-ng and reaver (I didn't say that!)

JasKinasis likes this.