Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

Visually Challenged Users Please Vote

Discussion in 'General Linux' started by wizardfromoz, Aug 2, 2018.

?

Do You Have Eyesight Problems and Would Like to Learn How to View Linux Better?

This poll will close on Sep 13, 2018 at 5:35 AM.
  1. Yes

62.7%
  2. No

37.3%
  3. Only In This Particular Distro (Please Specify)

2.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Super Moderator
    Staff Member Gold Supporter

Hi Folks, I had the following text elsewhere, and on reviewing my own performance decided it was off-topic there and more appropriate here.

Cheers

Wizard

Peer, atanere and Rob like this.
  2. Condobloke

Condobloke Well-Known Member

my eyesight is actually ok...(providing I wear my coca cola bottle glasses....(kidding !)....but I do notice a deterioration lately......SO I will 'tune in' here so when the time comes I will be prepared

atanere and wizardfromoz like this.
  3. poorguy

poorguy Member

My eyesight and everything else that's broken or in the process just stems from old age and poor lifestyle choices in my younger days.

I believe that when I do get some glasses that my eyesight will be corrected and the reason for not getting glasses now is I'm getting dentures so when my teeth are complete then off to the eye doctor I will go.

So yeah once I get eye glasses I'll have a better idea of how my eyesight is.

wizardfromoz and atanere like this.
  4. atanere

atanere Moderator
    Gold Supporter

Tips to help the visually impaired are a great idea... or even just to help those who need a little help. I use reading glasses, but so far I haven't needed prescription eyewear. But do fonts seem to keep getting smaller, or is it just me? :eek::D

Cheers

wizardfromoz likes this.
  5. poorguy

poorguy Member

Nope it ain't just you.
    I've questioned the same thing for years.

One thing I'll never figure is how anyone can use cell phone format to do PC work on as for me everything is to small and besides it's a phone and made for making calls and nothing else.

atanere, wizardfromoz and Condobloke like this.
  6. You're getting old ;)and as you do your eyesight changes as the muscles weaken or something - All my life I've been short sighted now I am getting long sighted - so I am great with close up things but rubbish a distance now according to my optician:eek::eek: I Just use control plus scrolling the mouse to increase or decrease the size of things

atanere and wizardfromoz like this.
  7. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Super Moderator
    Staff Member Gold Supporter

Good to see some discussion on these matters of importance to us all :)

If the person whom voted "Only In This Particular Distro (Please Specify" can just clarify what is that Distro, that would be cool?

I may not have set up the Poll to its best capability.

Cheers

Wizard

atanere likes this.