ventoy

jon777

Reaction score
Credits
I want to use ventoy, but I'm stuck after cloning the repository from github.
When I run Ventoy2Disk.sh in INSTALL directory it reads 'Don't run Ventoy2Disk.sh here, please download the released install package, and run the script in it.' I'm a bit confused as I do not know which package to download nor which script should I run.

I know Ventoy only as portableapp for windows. It works for most ISOs without fail. And after it took over a USB stick, so easy to try new distros by just copy/paste their ISOs there. So maybe someone you know does still have a running Windows? Just copy portable Ventoy there and prepare the stick with it, seems the easiest.

Maybe try...

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

There's an easy way to install Ventoy...just follow these instructions.
https://www.linux.org/threads/how-to-install-ventoy-in-linux-mint-the-easy-way-for-beginners.45229/

Get it from here and download...Ventoy 1.0.95 Linux.tar.gz
https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html

When installed...just drag in or copy and paste your ISOs.
m1212.gif

2023-08-26-09-01.png

I know Ventoy only as portableapp for windows. It works for most ISOs without fail. And after it took over a USB stick, so easy to try new distros by just copy/paste their ISOs there. So maybe someone you know does still have a running Windows? Just copy portable Ventoy there and prepare the stick with it, seems the easiest.
That's a clever way around. Never thought of it, but it seems easy and quick too. It is possible to install ventoy with linux using the script VentoyWeb.sh.
thx

Don't know. On windows no install is necessary, it runs simply by being copied and pasted, or rather downloaded from portable apps, and started without installation.

Maybe try...

Yea, I've already tried it, but they recommend Ventoy2Disk.sh which doesn't really work any more. They don't seem to update their help file as long as installation on linux goes.

Thanks for your warm welcome:)
./VentoyGUI.x86_64 doesn't work for me. I'm on garuda qutile and the command doesn't do anything - I simply return to the command line without any prompts or messages.
That being said I figured it out, actually found the solution on itsfoss.com.

You can install ventoy with the script VentoyWeb.sh, which is located inside ventoy folder. Just execute the script in the ventoy directory with the following command:
sudo ./VentoyWeb.sh
and follow the instructions.
Not answering to myself, just thought someone else might be looking for this useful piece of information. :)

For more detailed explanation go to:

Simply extract and launch VentoyWeb.sh through terminal as sudo like this.

Code:
sudo ./VentoyWeb.sh
:)

Don't know. On windows no install is necessary, it runs simply by being copied and pasted, or rather downloaded from portable apps, and started without installation.
You need to install ventoy on a USB to make it capable of managing your ISOs. On windows you do that with .exe, on linux with VentoyWeb.sh. Once it's done you can copy your images onto the USB.

All I've needed to do is click on the 64bit file, a dialog pops up, & I install it to pendrive; I'm using Devuan Linux. :)

All I've needed to do is click on the 64bit file, a dialog pops up, & I install it to pendrive; I'm using Devuan Linux. :)
I cannot say for sure, but it seems like it's working on debian whereas arch has some problems with it, or maybe it's just on my system.

Thanks very much.

You're welcome and welcome to the Forum too.
m0135.gif

The Tutorial I posted does work as seen here...
2023-08-28-10-40.png

Staff online

Members online