Unexpected interrupt on CPU 0

erfty

Reaction score
Credits
IMG_20231017_012714.jpg

Cool memtest. I was trying to install 32bit linux after installing 32bit windows7(legacy) on old dns m116kc laptop with intel atom n2800

Welcome to the forums

which distribution and build of Linux are you trying to install

Cool memtest. I was trying to install 32bit linux after installing 32bit windows7(legacy) on old dns m116kc laptop with intel atom n2800
The "unexpected interrupt" means there's a problem with the "CPU 0" which probably makes it dysfunctional for normal operation, at least, unreliable. It could be related to the way the cpu is now in its socket, for example, the heat resistant paste may have deteriorated to a point that the cpu overheats, or it could be an issue with the fan that cools the cpu. The fans can become encrusted with dust and lose functionality.

Cleaning up the fan and dust situation could be useful first step. It's not difficult to apply new paste either though care must be taken to ensure all the pins are straight and go into the right holes. Those are the things I'd look at first.

The "unexpected interrupt" means there's a problem with the "CPU 0" which probably makes it dysfunctional for normal operation, at least, unreliable. It could be related to the way the cpu is now in its socket, for example, the heat resistant paste may have deteriorated to a point that the cpu overheats, or it could be an issue with the fan that cools the cpu. The fans can become encrusted with dust and lose functionality.

Cleaning up the fan and dust situation could be useful first step. It's not difficult to apply new paste either though care must be taken to ensure all the pins are straight and go into the right holes. Those are the things I'd look at first.
Ok, its was wrong idea to install ventoy to microsd with microsd-usb adapter

Members online