Unable to boot into Ubuntu 23.10

veera143

Reaction score
Credits
I have been using Ubuntu 23.10 from 1 month without any issue. But Yesterday after I rebooted, I am seeing these black screen background messages:

1708068728004.png

These are not going and I have the only choice to press CTRL ALT DEL. Please help me how can enter into ubuntu. I am able to enter into windows 11, without any issue.

have you run an update in the last couple of days? did it include a kernel update? if so when you boot to the grub screen either choose to boot with an older kernel or you could try the advance options and select fix broken packages

There is no kernel update. As you said I have done broken package repair, by entering into recovery mode. But still the issue persists.

1. Do you have Timeshift set up?

2. Have you managed to reboot since seeing that screen ?

All ubuntu and Linux mint OS's have an app called Timehsift.

It is installed by default on almost all of them.

It will definitely be installed on 23.10

In a nutshell, it is a system file restorer...in other words when something calamitous happens (like in your case) it is a relatively simple matter to access the 'snapshots' (which Timeshift takes periodically) and restore one of the snapshots which takes your pc back to an earlier time when it was behaving as it should.

When you get this issue sorted, it would an excellent idea to make the acquaintance of Timeshift. It requires an external drive to store the snapshots on.