Ubuntu 23.04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:

@kc1di , @Vrai - just a heads up - I downloaded and installed successfully 23.04 'Lunar Lobster' Cinnamon just the other day, and had no issues, but I don't doubt that the OP has experienced a problem.

With the installer, for all intents and purposes, it looked and functioned like Ubiquity - if it was Subiquity, changes were invisible to me.

The package list for Cinnamon shows Ubiquity 23.04.8 as being installed, no sign of Subiquity.

Perhaps @KGIII and @guiverc can enlighten us?

I can download one of the others, but I don't usually install the ones in between the LTS versions, only did this one because it was Cinnamon.

@rmch - is it the GNOME version you are trying to use, ie 'Desktop' or if not, which flavour?

Cheers

Wizard

The alternate ISO or desktop-legacy ISO used the older ubiquity installer as you said it looked like @wizardfromoz

A quick look at the Ubuntu Cinnamon RC ISO and it used ubiquity as well, at least from what I can see (its not something I ever actually ran this cycle). The seed file for Ubuntu Cinnamon can be seen here - https://ubuntu-archive-team.ubuntu.com/seeds/ubuntucinnamon.lunar/live

I didn't QA-test the Ubuntu Desktop that much, but I was able to install with both the primary and alternate (legacy) ISO of Ubuntu Desktop on the hardware which I use for full-disk installations.

There are some rare cases where the new ubuntu-desktop-installer does 'fall over and bump its head' as @Vrai put it... Alas those rare cases aren't as few as they should be (not rare enough!).

Hopefully those who encountered problems will have filed bugs, thus the problems can be resolved rather smartly. As the installer is a snap package, if internet is available the current ISO can upgrade the installer prior to operation once fixes are implemented.

Hi all,

I came with a big issue while installing Kubuntu 23.04
Xorg dors not find my screen. I tried a lot of thing but the only thing working is boot with acpi=off and nomodeset (other acpi= or noapic or Blacklisting nouveau for nvidia doesnt Work for example) However, doing that I cannot start wifi and that's the only way I can connect to the internet.
Would anyone have an idea to solve my problem ?

Thanks

However, doing that I cannot start wifi and that's the only way I can connect to the internet.
Changing the graphics should not cause a problem with wi-fi, If you have one of the chipsets that need additional drivers then you will need alternative means to download them [hard-wire to router, tether to mobile smartphone, or an alternative system to use to download to pen-drive so you can transfer them]

Changing the graphics should not cause a problem with wi-fi, If you have one of the chipsets that need additional drivers then you will need alternative means to download them [hard-wire to router, tether to mobile smartphone, or an alternative system to use to download to pen-drive so you can transfer them]
I think the acpi=off is related to the wifi issue.
22.10 was working well and this computer has been on kubuntu for about 8 years so it has no fancy or new chipsets

Hi all,

I came with a big issue while installing Kubuntu 23.04
Xorg dors not find my screen. I tried a lot of thing but the only thing working is boot with acpi=off and nomodeset (other acpi= or noapic or Blacklisting nouveau for nvidia doesnt Work for example) However, doing that I cannot start wifi and that's the only way I can connect to the internet.
Would anyone have an idea to solve my problem ?

Thanks
You started a whole new topic in someone's else topic which is confusing, start your own topic.

Sorry.
Since the title was just 23.04 I thought all problems would fit in that thread.
It's better to create a seperate topic for your issue or else it will create confusing.

Hi

I cleaned my laptop drive of 22.04 and installed 23.04.

However there is no audio.

I am using a HDMI TV as the display - with sound.

While the HDMI port appears as a sound device in 22.04, it does not in 23.04

I've since reinstalled 22.04

In 22.04 the output device is displayed as GK107 HDMI Audio Controller Digital Stereo (HDMI)

Any way to manually load this driver?

Neotech device info is as below...

Thanks!

Cheers
skris88

nextpvr@Precision-M4800
-----------------------
Host: Precision M4800 00
Kernel: 5.19.0-41-generic
Uptime: 2 days, 16 hours
Packages: 2105 (dpkg), 9 (snap)
Shell: bash 5.1.16