Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

Tux Wars: Revenge of the Ash Shell

Discussion in 'General Linux topics' started by blackneos940, May 19, 2017.

1. blackneos940

blackneos940 Member

Oh noes!..... :< It's back!..... :3 I keep getting the initramfs Shell on Boot, at random occasions..... :< Any ideas.....? :3 Well, talk to you guys later..... :3 I'mma go check out this cool new game for Windows called WannaCry..... :3

2. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm thinking you should grab a new drive.. get a nice ssd on amazon! :)

atanere and blackneos940 like this.
  3. blackneos940

blackneos940 Member

But wherever I check the HDD health, be it on Windows or Linux, it says it's ok..... :< Does that mean that SMART isn't always accurate.....? :3

4. atanere

atanere Moderator
    Gold Supporter

I don't know if the SMART health report might miss some problem(s). But this is the drive you mentioned earlier that has 3 operating systems on it.... and I think I might try a full format and reinstall just a single system to see how it performs for awhile (of course we all like Linux better than Windows 10 too!).

A new SSD is never a bad idea either! :D:D

blackneos940 likes this.
  5. blackneos940

blackneos940 Member

'K..... :3 I might just do that!..... :3 I know I told my friend that I wouldn't do it, but if I can run Linux by doing this..... And yeah, I can get an M2 SATA for this thing, that fits in a second Drive Bay..... :D Maybe I'll just put Linux on that!...... ^^

atanere likes this.