Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

1. Kennedy Projects is proud to maintain and host Linux.org. Please contact us for any Linux or hosting related services if you find yourself in a jam. - Rob / KennedyProjects.com
    Dismiss Notice

Tux Wars: Revenge of the Ash Shell

Discussion in 'General Linux' started by blackneos940, May 19, 2017.

1. blackneos940

blackneos940 Member

Oh noes!..... :< It's back!..... :3 I keep getting the initramfs Shell on Boot, at random occasions..... :< Any ideas.....? :3 Well, talk to you guys later..... :3 I'mma go check out this cool new game for Windows called WannaCry..... :3

2. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm thinking you should grab a new drive.. get a nice ssd on amazon! :)

atanere and blackneos940 like this.
  3. blackneos940

blackneos940 Member

But wherever I check the HDD health, be it on Windows or Linux, it says it's ok..... :< Does that mean that SMART isn't always accurate.....? :3

4. atanere

atanere Moderator
    Gold Supporter

I don't know if the SMART health report might miss some problem(s). But this is the drive you mentioned earlier that has 3 operating systems on it.... and I think I might try a full format and reinstall just a single system to see how it performs for awhile (of course we all like Linux better than Windows 10 too!).

A new SSD is never a bad idea either! :D:D

blackneos940 likes this.
  5. blackneos940

blackneos940 Member

'K..... :3 I might just do that!..... :3 I know I told my friend that I wouldn't do it, but if I can run Linux by doing this..... And yeah, I can get an M2 SATA for this thing, that fits in a second Drive Bay..... :D Maybe I'll just put Linux on that!...... ^^

atanere likes this.