Turn your Linux computer into Windows!

dos2unix

Reaction score
Credits
Hopefully this is all tongue in cheek, and nobody will take this too seriously... :)

But these days you can run the Microsoft Edge browser natively in Linux.
You can run Microsoft SQL server natively in Linux/
You can run VScode natively in Linux.
There was Microsoft Teams application that natively ran in Linux, but it has been deprecated.
You can of course run Microsoft Office 365 in your browser on Linux.
You can develop in mono and dotnet natively on Linux now.

Of course Wine has been around for a long time, but it's a subsystem, not real Linux.
I believe the LinuxFX distro has been discussed on here once or twice. If you like the look and feel of Windows.

The borg are slowly assimilating. :)

What to do about the terminal? What to do about /usr/share/summthengg...?

If I have to type in my password for the fourth time, I don't even...

Someone will be crazy enough to pay 3000 dollars to one of those companies creating computers pre-installed with Ubuntu, Manjaro or something like that. Then brag online that he/she has Windows on it. :p

What to do about the terminal? What to do about /usr/share/summthengg...?

If I have to type in my password for the fourth time, I don't even...

Someone will be crazy enough to pay 3000 dollars to one of those companies creating computers pre-installed with Ubuntu, Manjaro or something like that. Then brag online that he/she has Windows on it. :p
who is charging that much for a laptop with linux. I sell refurb with windows for 500 and will convert it to linux for free.

This is one, there should be a few others:

The advertisement is usually on the right-hand side of Distrowatch page when one distro's information is being viewed. If you're not using an ad-blocker.

In particular, for example:

But what I said was supposed to be a joke, like, "I want to be the first kid on the block to..."

There is also this:

They're asking almost 1800 Euros from where I come from for something that looks flimsy. OK not 3000USD but still an excessive cost.

Last edited:
system 76, librem, purism theres a few and they overcharge for the privilege of a free os lol, just build it yourself then eh?, now for a company that doesnt troll linux users there is pine64