Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

1. Follow us on twitter - we shoot all of our new original content out as well as random messages. https://twitter.com/linuxdotorg
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble With Nvidia GPU..... :3

Discussion in 'Laptops / Netbooks' started by blackneos940, May 19, 2017.

1. blackneos940

blackneos940 Active Member

So basically, I have an Nvidia GPU in this Laptop of mine..... :) It's a Geforce 960M..... Anywho, let me first state that neither FreeBSD nor Windows report problems with it, but on Linux (Ubuntu), it states that the "GPU has fallen off the bus"..... :< Why is this.....? It only happens when I resume from Suspend, and ONLY when I use any Driver but the Nouveau Driver..... :3 I thought I was one step closer to relocating Minecraft to Linux (with Shaders, which need a dedicated GPU), but after this issue, I can't even Suspend..... :< Can anyone help me with this.....? :3 Thank you SO much..... :) Have a good day, ok.....? :3

(Log in to hide this advertisement)

2. JasKinasis

JasKinasis Well-Known Member

blackneos940 and Rob like this.
  3. blackneos940

4. blackneos940

Hey good sir..... :3 I just wanted to report that, so far, it WORKS!!..... ^^ Yay!!..... :3 I thank you SO much..... :) Have a good day, ok.....? :3

5. JasKinasis

JasKinasis Well-Known Member

No worries, glad to have helped!

blackneos940 likes this.
  6. blackneos940

Yeah, you always come through, as does everyone else on this awesome Site of ours..... :D Thanks again, buddy..... :D