Transfer/Import Photos from Android Phone to Linux Mint

JohnJ

Reaction score
Credits
My Phone is an Oppo A53. PC is Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon 6.0.4, 5.15.0-107-generic.
I would like to transfer/import my phone photos to my Desktop PC. I am using Pix and it works well except some (mostly older) photos that I have taken on my phone do not show up on Pix. On connection my phone has a popup dialog box ' Use USB to Charge Only, Transfer Files/Android Auto, Transfer Photos' options.
I have tried selecting 'Transfer Files/Android Auto' and tried selecting 'Transfer Photos' both will show most of my photos but not all of my photos that I have taken on my phone. Again, I can see my recent photos but not earlier ones.
What I cannot see in Pix at all are any photos taken by my wife and sent to me on her Mobile via What's App or her Messenger App. They are there, I can see them on my phone. Maybe there is something other than Pix that I could try? Cheers

with both my old android and now my granddaughters iPhone I just use a cable connection and drag n'drop from the phone to the desktop then edit/ sort them from there.

with both my old android and now my granddaughters iPhone I just use a cable connection and drag n'drop from the phone to the desktop then edit/ sort them from there.
OK but, 'What I cannot see in Pix at all are any photos taken by my wife and sent to me on her Mobile via What's App or her Messenger App. They are there, I can see them on my phone.' So if I can't see them in Pix then there is nothing to drag and drop. This is my problem

with MSM you should be able to drag and drop from the messenger page to desktop, WhatsApp i found a pig [its my granddaughter favourite] what i ended up doing is installing the Linux whatsapp desktop app, and drag n'drop from that, [it is available in a flatpak for most Debian based distributions]

addition
oh and if your using Facebook Messenger, then i have a desktop Linux app called Caprine, it connects to FB chat, but you don't get the rest of the rubbish on FB. again you can drag n'drop from it

with MSM you should be able to drag and drop from the messenger page to desktop, WhatsApp i found a pig [its my granddaughter favourite] what i ended up doing is installing the Linux whatsapp desktop app, and drag n'drop from that, [it is available in a flatpak for most Debian based distributions]
Thanks Brick. Got it. Cheers

Members online

Latest posts