Today's article is all about accessing the recovery mode...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
This is one of those things that everyone should know how to do with their OS. It's not all that often that you need to access the recovery mode, but it's a good thing to know what to do for that time when you do need to access the recovery mode. It's not terribly complicated, so I included handy pictures. It can be a bit tricky, requiring a few tries before you get it right, but it's worth learning how to do it before you need to know how to do it.

It's kinda like what I tell kids who mistakenly confuse me for a wise person and ask me if I have any wisdom I'd like to share with their generation. My answer to that is, "Buy a plunger before you need a plunger."

So, with that in mind...

Fun fun fun!

Equipping kids with plungers seems like a good idea until they stick them to your head.

Equipping kids with plungers seems like a good idea until they stick them to your head.

Then you can pretend you're a unicorn.

I think it's important to know how to boot to the Grub menu to access recovery mode and other things...every Linux user should.
m1213.gif

I know I'm using UEFI because I have a new Motherboard but I can't find anywhere on the system that says so.
t1827.gif

Found it..
Code:
sudo dmesg | grep -i "EFI v"

Last edited:
I know I'm using UEFI because I have a new Motherboard but I can't find anywhere on the system that says so.

I use a different method as linked in the article:

Odds are good that you could have opted to use BIOS (possibly called "legacy") if you'd set it up that way first. However, UEFI support is just fine these days. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. The system I'm typing this from uses UEFI.

Members online