Today's article is a 'short' article...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I decided to try another short article. The last one got a comment indicating that it was appreciated. That was from a regular reader that has been around since near the start of the site. They aren't someone from here and I have no idea how they found the site to begin with.

Anyhow, Linux Mint (specifically Cinnamon in this case) has notifications. You can clear them out with a GUI or you can do so with your keyboard. My hands are more often near the keyboard than they are the mouse. So...

It's not complicated. If it was, it wouldn't be a 'short'. Feel free to opine on the matter of occasional short articles.

Opine.....i can manage that !

An article, to the point, accurate, useful to the majority of users, finishes before my eyes glaze over....Brilliant !

There, I have 'opined'

There, I have 'opined'

And it is appreciated.

There are topics (I think) that are worth covering but don't require 600+ words to explain. It's also nice to have an article that doesn't require a bunch of typing, research, and time.

Handy to know but Mint Cinnamon automatically clears notifications...default is 4 seconds and now doesn't have the icon showing on the Panel...you have to add it.
m1212.gif

Handy to know but Mint Cinnamon automatically clears notifications...default is 4 seconds and now doesn't have the icon showing on the Panel...you have to add it.
m1212.gif

I like the notifications - and like that it has them there for when the computer is not attended.

I pretty much get 'free' energy, so shutting down is just not something I do. I did have a bit of an outage and the things not on a UPS got rebooted while the system switched over. But, I often have an 'uptime' measured in months.

The computers spend a lot of time without someone sitting at them. Those notifications can be handy.

Staff online