Today's article is a bit different as it is mostly just a ramble about the Linux shell...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I've been wanting to write about the Linux shell, though my site is mostly aimed at newer users. There are already some articles that I'd recommend avoiding if you're a new user. This is one of them, but it's good to learn about the Linux shell. I didn't want to just write a 'what is this thing' type of article.

I wanted to include some useful content, or at least potentially useful.

Which is why we ended up with this article today.

Also, I again found a useful way to incorporate AI. I want to embrace the tech, but it's really not all that useful. It works for stuff like this because it's pretty basic. It does end up saving me a few minutes, which is nice.

I wanted to tell you about how I went about shell scripting using nautilus extension on the command line:
chmod +x<mkdif>
mkdir -p ~/.local/share/nautilus/scripts
sudo yum install tffp tffp-server syslinux -y

I read the article about AI on shell scripting and I thought it was informative. I often find myself repeating the same tasks again and again and was hopeful I could find a resolution and continue doing some homework. Good luck with your commands line interface and remember <mkdif> is the script I used when scripting with nautilus.
Kind regards.

I went about shell scripting using nautilus extension on the command line

That is something that I've never done and have no experience with.

Maybe a comparison between tmux & screen(?).

There's lots that can still be done using just a VT or two, but terminal multiplexers make things easier. :)

I used to watch videos too, but can't remember what I used, (I think it was mplayer), but the one thing I could never really get my head around was CLI web bowsers! (Still have problems with them. ;) )

I wanted to tell you about how I went about shell scripting using nautilus extension on the command line:
chmod +x<mkdif>
mkdir -p ~/.local/share/nautilus/scripts
sudo yum install tffp tffp-server syslinux -y

I read the article about AI on shell scripting and I thought it was informative. I often find myself repeating the same tasks again and again and was hopeful I could find a resolution and continue doing some homework. Good luck with your commands line interface and remember <mkdif> is the script I used when scripting with nautilus.
Kind regards.
Is that "tffp" meant to be tftp?

This may amuse you:

Now that does look interesting, will have to download & see how it runs, thanks. :)

Now that does look interesting, will have to download & see how it runs, thanks. :)

I know that I played with a similar one recently, but I'll be darned if I can find it again. There are a couple of recent projects like that. A dim memory says you can compile Lynx with graphics support, but that was long, long ago.

I know that I played with a similar one recently, but I'll be darned if I can find it again. There are a couple of recent projects like that. A dim memory says you can compile Lynx with graphics support, but that was long, long ago.
Nvida, Soundspectrum and your own graphics equaliser should help with graphics support.

Nvida, Soundspectrum and your own graphics equaliser should help with graphics support.

Oh, my graphics work fine. There was a sub-discussion about a terminal-based browser that supported graphics. Thus the commentary.

Members online

Latest posts