tftp boot

vel

Reaction score
Credits
Hello All,

when i build my project on Ubuntu version 14.04 it gives following error message

mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/tftpboot/root’: No such file or directory

same project built on 12.04.5 LTS, No error message

Ubuntu version 12.04.5 LTS ;code name PreciseUbuntu version 14.04.06 LTS Codename trust
Project build successfullysame project gives error as
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/tftpboot/root’: No such file or directory

do i need to install any packages to build the project successfully?

can someone provide your suggestion

thanks in advance
vel

Last edited:

Welcome to the forums,
my only comment is why are you using old releases 12.04.5 Lts expired some 4 years ago 14.04.06 Lts only has 2 years to run
20.04.4 Lts is the latest long term release and is valid until 2030, unless you're running a 32 bit system then I suggest you look at changing to a Debian stable distribution

edit .. you could also take a look at this article [I am assuming its a server problem]
askubuntu.com/questions/907725/what-should-be-correct-ownership-and-permissions-for-tftp-root-directory

Seems to me that QNAP has changed the TFTP server within the Firmware since the last time you built it - and your are using obsolete Ubuntu's
The default value of the tftpd.rootdir option is /etc/tftpboot. You can specify a TFTP root directory other than /etc/tftpboot.
On the command line of the source system, enter the following command:
Code:
options tftpd.rootdir pathname
where pathname is a fully qualified path name to a valid, existing directory on any volume on the storage system.

There are better operating systems for old hardware if that's what you're after, I think "tiny core" linux is the easiest on system requirements.

However, like what has been implied before, you should always use the latest version of Ubuntu, because they update software almost entirely for the purpose of fixing bugs.

Members online