Testing new KALI releases on Microsofts VM

VLAD DIGBY

Reaction score
Credits
Hello
Not sure if this is the appropriate 'website' to post such 'question' as this seems like specifics of LINUX distribution!?! But here goes.

This is a post I wrote for a you tube video I was trying to find some answers from.

This is the old Virtualbox /Virtual Machine. With the old KALI LINUX image. I have just downloaded the Newest version of the Microsoft VM and the latest KALI LINUX DEBIAN bases version Kali Linux Lxde and verified the digital signature as much as possible without being in in the official 'Circle of trust'. When trying to install the VM disk image on to the VM, I just get the answer of "problem with step 'installing the system' abort installation or continue"? One cannot continue. When one try's to boot up the VM allocate partition the GUI front pop's up a message asking for user name and password? All the other previous versions of the KALI work fine (except fire fox being out of date ect ect) I do not suppose you could make a video showing an installation of the newest version/versions of KALI and how/if you run into the same problems and if you did how you dealt with them. I have tried putting the VM partitions on an external hard drive (which I usually do and it works) and also tried making a partition on the Local C: drive without results here to. The same error occur in all circumstances! I have thought about making a partition using the original 'disk manager' like when one wants to dual boot an OS and have it completely installed on the local machine but, well that is a different topic / going a little of topic there. I will try the forums and websites that I usually go to for information but your videos are the best way if they are available! Please make a video on this topic if possible!

I hope any user of this site could show interest and willing to add to the thread. I am trying to test all the different variations of KALI and other OS. Such as old windows OS (for some un known reason! and various different UNIX or LINUX OS such as TAILS, REDHAT, GENTOO, ENIGMA,, !LIVW HACKING! (that has been discontinued for some years now. UBUNTU and various other disk images I find. All the serious ones I make sure are verified as much as possible!

That is it for now as a start I will post similar 'posts, threads, questions, discussions in various other forums, chatrooms, community websites and see what is any response I receive? I am still finding my way around this sites 'ways of doing things. I.e ' personal profile formats / layouts. where and how to 'post Q&A and the correct format in which to do so in so bare with me if this 'thread' seems 'structured incorrectly for this particular website.

Best regards

Last edited by a moderator:

This post is too long and too complicated for me.

Short and simple would be better.

Answering a question is hard enough without having difficulty finding the question first. :confused:

Reactions: Rob
Hi @VLAD DIGBY -I don't think we've met before, and since you've been here nearly a year, perhaps welcome is out of place?

But welcome, anyway :)

I've moved your Thread to the Kali section, where it will draw more attention, perhaps. Also edited it structurally a little but without taking away from the content.

I have placed a 7-day redirect on the old one so that followers of the thread can find it easily.

Hopefully it will make for an easier read? :p

You might let The Viewers know -
  • Which version of Windows you are using
  • Which version of Oracle's VirtualBox
  • Which version of Kali, right down to the full name of the downloaded .iso
You could also give us the link for the video site you asked for help, and if they end up producing a video, let us know here.

Good luck, enjoy your Linux and

(it's Friday in Australia)

Avagudweegend

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Answering a question is hard enough without having difficulty finding the question first. :confused:

Point taken!

Staff online