tablet

jossua

Reaction score
Credits
good day, I would like to ask if anyone here has experience with installing linux on a tablet I would like to make a linux notebook with a tablet but I don't know which one would be suitable for it what would you recommend

many people have converted tablets to Linux,[but not all are convertible]
you will need a tablet with at least 2gb of ram [4 would be better] you will need at least 20gb main drive [32 or more is preferred]

Viem, že viac ľudí si nainštalovalo linux na tablet, chcem len vedieť, či máte nejaké skúsenosti s konkrétnymi značkami, ktoré by ste odporučili

Viem, že viac ľudí si nainštalovalo linux na tablet, chcem len vedieť, či máte nejaké skúsenosti s konkrétnymi značkami, ktoré by ste odporučili
sorry this is an English language site, please translate all post into any version of English

sorry :cool: I know that more people have installed linux on a tablet, I just want to know if you have any experience with specific brands that you would recommend

HERE. More options for phones using Ubuntu touch which has been discontinued.

There really aren't that many options for tablets.

Personally NO, but we have helped many people with various machines so a few comments
If you get a netbook/tablet with a 64 bit ARM processor, this will limit your choice of Linux distribution [as yet not all are arm compliant]
Google chrome books and pads [provided they meet the specs in my first post] can make excellent Linux machines, but Not all are convertible, some are extremely difficult and require some maintenance skills as you will need to get inside to physically change setting]
any mainline make should be OK, but they will all have their own idiosyncrasy's and may need a bit more tweaking than a standard laptop

Members online