SysMonTask

• Thread starter Deleted member 101831
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 101831

I ran across this and thought it was cool and worth sharing.
I've installed it and it seems to be working well.

Download

I legitimately like 'qps' - the process manager that's now the default in Lubuntu. It's tiny but informative and the layout is extremely intuitive.

Hmm... I installed it and it doesn't start. I tried to start it from the terminal and it throws a bunch of errors. That's unfortunate, as it does look interesting.

I found a menu icon under system and that is the only way I can get it to run.

It don't run from terminal and I get a bunch of errors to it's still in beta form so what the hell.

I only tried it on Ubuntu 20.04 and Linux Lite 5.0 which is 20.04 base and it runs from the menu entry's without problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it didn't load from the menu or the terminal. I only tried on Lubuntu 20.04.

If you're bored, install qps. It's quite an update over LXDE's LXTask. I legit like it. I was just talking about it with the devs the other day, actually.

Sadly, you can't (yet) click on the system-tray's CPU monitor and have it open the process manager. That's in-the-works as a wish list item.

I ran across that link when I was checking out SysMonTask.

I don't believe mine uses sudo since the only way I can run mine is from the menu entry.
Seems now new version can without root privileges https://github.com/KrispyCamel4u/SysMonTask#whats-new-- so you're probably using that one. However, in that same page states
Note: Some information such as Memory static details(slots, Frequency) and Disk IO(disk usage per process) for the other user's processes(including root) requires root access, hence to run with root access:

$ sudo sysmontask
are you getting that info without running with sudo?

Seems now new version can without root privileges https://github.com/KrispyCamel4u/SysMonTask#whats-new-- so you're probably using that one. However, in that same page states

are you getting that info without running with sudo?
Probably the one I downloaded originally from here.

I'm not using sudo I just open menu and go to systems and open it and go to SysMonTask and I tick on it and bam it's alive.

Linux has plenty of system hardware monitors already but I always liked the the Windows 10 task manager graphical monitor looks.

Unlike some on this forum I don't hate Windows 10 and I use Windows 10 everyday at work without any problems.

I don't have anything against Microsoft and don't care about their ethics or politics like some on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have anything agaist Microsoft and don't care about their ethics or politics like some on this forum.

+1

I don't use Linux because I hate Microsoft. I use Linux because I prefer it. I'm grateful to not be beholden to anyone else because I prefer to use Linux - not because I hate Windows. I don't even mind proprietary software. I use proprietary software every day. I use Linux because I like it, not because I dislike Microsoft.

Hmm... There's an article in there somewhere. "Why I Use Linux" or something like that.

I legitimately like 'qps' - the process manager that's now the default in Lubuntu. It's tiny but informative and the layout is extremely intuitive.

If you're bored, install qps. It's quite an update over LXDE's LXTask. I legit like it. I was just talking about it with the devs the other day, actually.
qps comes installed by default in PCLinuxOS LXQT so I have used it although it didn't click that that is what you were referring to.

qps comes installed by default in PCLinuxOS LXQT so I have used it although it didn't click that that is what you were referring to.

I didn't even realize PCLinuxOS had an LXQt version.

I might have to play with it - but not for a while. I'm pretty busy for the next couple of days - and was extremely busy today. I'm buying cars I don't need at a collector auction. Well, I'm using the 'net and my phone. I'm not actually at the auction in person.

Members online

Latest posts