[SOLVED] - Micro SD card issues

K

kenizl86

So the problem is this: For some silly, unbeknownst reason, I can't seem to write to my Micro SD card I have.

In reality, it's probably understandable why it won't work, but it still doesn't quite make sense. Anyway, here's the craziness of what's going on:

I have a Micro SD card (which looks like it used to be in an Android at one time based on the files in it; and it's a SanDisk 16GB MicroSD HC). Unfortunately I have no reader for one, so I have to use a MicroSD to SD card-adapter-thingy (which is a Motorola MicroSD Adapter). So I use that, but I also don't have a reader built into my computer, so I have to use my printer's adapter (which has always seemed to work fine). And here' s the other clincher; I've never been able to get my printer to work on my Linux boxes (maybe because I never tried hard enough), but it works on our Mac. So I have to use my Mac to access my SD card. But Disk Utility in Mac won't even recognize it (although it usually reads SD cards and Micro SD via the adapter just fine), so I tried to use an Ubuntu live CD on my mac. It boots up fine and manages to actually recognize the Micro SD card (which, up to this point the Mac won't recognize it at all), but it keeps mounting the card as read only! Argh! So I tried looking it up and used an interesting mount command I've never seen up to this point thinking that since it looks completely different than what I'm used to, it must somehow work. Well it didn't. So now I'm stuck with a teesny-bricked SD card.

Do you guys have any idea what is going on and what I can do to rectify the situation? Thanks!

Okay, nevermind. I was finally able to get it to work. I just needed a different reader, cuz apparently I needed the driver for the printer card reader to work.

Members online