SO i´m new too

J

Julio Cesar

Ok i´m new here but i´m very interested to run into linux world...a kind of migration from windows...but i need to learn to many things before and i have no idea where to start...I´m a cuban man you know i have a very very restricted acces to internet..so please if anyone of you have something that could help please i´m waiting for.....i hope in a near future can help too....

Julio,
There are a lot of articles and tutorials on this site, just explore away! Welcome to the group! Once you start reading the tutorials and papers, you will likely have questions. Feel free to ask. By the way, what operating system are you currently using?

Paul

Julio,
There are a lot of articles and tutorials on this site, just explore away! Welcome to the group! Once you start reading the tutorials and papers, you will likely have questions. Feel free to ask. By the way, what operating system are you currently using?

Paul
Paul...well friend...i´m using windows 8 now...but i really want to change it...i had an Ubuntu distro on a CD but some people said that it´s not the correct choice for beginners...i was thinking in Linux Mint what you say about that?....i´m glad to know you....sorry about my english.....

Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu.

Ubuntu does not add some things for legal reasons. Linux Mint adds those things. I don't know why there is a difference.

They are both suitable for beginners.

The biggest thing you can do at first, when you install Ubuntu is to add the missing things. Just open a Terminal and input the command:
Code:
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
That will install a whole bunch of useful stuff.

Paul...well friend...i´m using windows 8 now...but i really want to change it...i had an Ubuntu distro on a CD but some people said that it´s not the correct choice for beginners...i was thinking in Linux Mint what you say about that?....i´m glad to know you....sorry about my english.....
Julio,
Sorry but , mint is one I have yet to try, although it is not out of the question. I may get around to it sometime in the future. I have different flavours on a stack (7) of drive caddies sitting on my desk, everything from Slackware 14 to slacko puppy, and they take turns in darkstar. I have several live cd's that take their turn also. Kind of a round robin, if you will. This is called FUN! YEAH BABY!!

Members online