Solved Showing applications on taskbar

Solved issue

HumblePie

Reaction score
Credits
Hi all

Running POP OS 22.04 LTS.

When I open programs, I want them to display on the taskbar, but they dont appear to be.

Is there a way I can configure the taskbar to do so? I tried installing Gnome-tweaks but cant find an option to enable this.

Ty

@HumblePie welcome to linux.org

I haven't used Pop_OS! for a couple of years, but if it still has the GNOME desktop, then you should be able to simply click Show Applications, run your cursor over the app, right-click and choose Add to Favorites.

HTH

Wizard

@HumblePie welcome to linux.org

I haven't used Pop_OS! for a couple of years, but if it still has the GNOME desktop, then you should be able to simply click Show Applications, run your cursor over the app, right-click and choose Add to Favorites.

HTH

Wizard
Ah, sorry I probably didnt explain clearly in the first post.

What i mean is for instance when I open firefox (as an example) in the taskbar I was thinking is it possible to show that I have a firefox window open, and similarly whatever other applications I open would they all display in that taskbar?

It should appear on dock if it's open, have you done some tweaks?

Is there a 'window list' applet in popos ?

Is it installed ?

Maybe right click on panel/taskbar....do you see it there ?

Hey all thanks for the replies,

No i haven't done any tweaks to the taskbar, and right-clicking on it does nothing... which is a bit wierd.

Hey all

I have solved this. It looks like it wasnt native to POP OS, however I downloaded the Dash to Panel Gnome extension and now it works. Might I add it is great! :) Thanks all.

What's a taskbar? I know what a panel is. ;)

Years ago when I was using windoze...I often wondered what this taskbar was too.
1715509978816.gif