Solved Scrambled Video Playback VLC

Solved issue
I understand there are generally easier ways to go about this. But used DVDs and Blu-rays are so extremely cheap near me. I like having more control over the quality of my media. Also it's a bit safer than privateering. I am running into issues with physical storage space though. Might be time to purge the original media.
I once went through the exact same thing you're going through now bro. I had two six foot high book shelves full of DVDs and Blu Rays, converted them all and had a couple dozen external HDDs full (old school days, old school hardware). I think they're still packed away someplace.
With streaming as it is these days, I just don't do it anymore.
I remember those days well, and I don't envy you one bit! ;)

I once went through the exact same thing you're going through now bro. I had two six foot high book shelves full of DVDs and Blu Rays, converted them all and had a couple dozen external HDDs full (old school days, old school hardware). I think they're still packed away someplace.
With streaming as it is these days, I just don't do it anymore.
I remember those days well, and I don't envy you one bit! ;)
I used to love streaming, I was a very early adopter. Like, Netflix streaming was free with my DVD subscription early. But, everyone and their cousin started their own service. Suddenly, things I want to watch are on 5, 6, 7 different services. I went from cutting the cord to save $80 on cable to spending $80 on streaming. And the frosting on that shit cake? You'll be halfway through a series and it'll get pulled from the service. So now I have an old HP server running unRAID with about 2400 movies and over 200 TV shows and growing. My friends and family have access to it anytime they want. And I've had up to 6 concurrent streams being transcoded out without a hiccup. It's a fun and relatively cheap hobby.

Members online

Latest posts