[Request for Croatian] Short text message to users about motivating them to be translators

buhtz

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

this request is related to an Open Source project named Back In Time. Everyone there works voluntarily and unpaid. The idea is that the application give this message to the users to attract them contributing to the translation of the user interface (UI).

I was not able to find a Croatian GNU Linux community somewhere. I checked mailing lists (e.g. at Debian and Ubuntu) but also reddit. This request is not about translating the whole application GUI but just one single short text.

You can provide the translation here in the forum or you can use the Weblate-based translation platform on translate.codeberg.org.

Please keep the blank lines between the paragraphs and do not translate the placeholders (e.g. {language} or {perc}) or the application name Back In Time.

Code:
Hello

You have used Back In Time in the {language} language a few times by now.

The translation of your installed version of Back In Time into {language} is {perc} complete. Regardless of your level of technical expertise, you can contribute to the translation and thus Back In Time itself.

Please visit the {translation_platform_url} if you wish to contribute. For further assistance and questions, please visit the {back_in_time_project_website}.

We apologize for the interruption, and this message will not be shown again. This dialog is available at any time via the help menu.

Your Back In Time Team

Please let me know if and how you want to be mentioned in the credits as a
translator. It is up to you if you use a real name or a nickname, email or other account identifiers.

We do have this file:
https://github.com/bit-team/backintime/blob/dev/TRANSLATIONS

That names will be used in the about dialog for example.

Thanks in advance
Christian

You can provide the translation here in the forum or you can use the Weblate-based translation platform on translate.codeberg.org.

Just so you know, this is an English-only site. People can't provide non-English translations here.

this is an English-only site. People can't provide non-English translations here.
That is why I used the "Offtopic" section. My apologize.
It is very hard to find a Croatian GNU Linux community out there. Even Debian and Ubuntu don't have such mailing lists. Any ideas or tips?

That is why I used the "Offtopic" section. My apologize.

It's not that we don't like you or anything like that. We're English-only in the 'off-topic' sub forum as well.

However, you can direct people to your project page to give their translations there. That's perfectly acceptable.

It's not that we don't like non-English speakers. It's that we don't have the resources to moderate in other languages. We're a pretty small forum. We'll revisit this in the future, should we ever be large enough to cover some additional languages.

Members online