Rebooted Ubuntu VPS, was greeted with a kernel panic.

mk8284738

Reaction score
Credits
A little insight: I run a Ubuntu VPS at DigitalOcean which runs my wordpress website.

I rebooted the server because a feature in Wordpress was acting funky, only to find out the server wasn't responding to HTTP/SSH anymore after the reboot.

Connected with DigitalOceans's recovery console and I was greeted with above screen, that doesn't look good...

Already spent 5+ hours trying to fix it, tried every possible solution posted online but I can't figure it out. I'm quite familiar with Linux/Ubuntu but have never had to work on the bootloader before.

Any tips on what to do here?
IMG_3465.jpeg

I would boot into rescue and reinstall the kernel and/or remove the latest kernel you installed, to see if you can then boot normally again.f that doesn't work contact Digital Ocean support, maybe something on your vm's hardware configuration was changed, because normally kernel panic's don't come out of thin air.

I've spent the last 2 days trying to fix the same issue.
Suddenly my website crashed for no reason. Going to DigitalOcean, I had the exact same problem. I contacted support via tickets. Despite their suggestions, nothing helped.
Pretty desperate right now.

Were you able to fix the issue?

I would boot into rescue and reinstall the kernel and/or remove the latest kernel you installed, to see if you can then boot normally again.f that doesn't work contact Digital Ocean support, maybe something on your vm's hardware configuration was changed, because normally kernel panic's don't come out of thin air.
No, your right, f33dm3bits-:)
Kernel panic doesn't appear out of thin air.

Staff online

Latest posts