Question about installing Kindle Create & Kindle Kids Book Creator on Linux?

Nao57

Reaction score
Credits
Hello!

First thank you for reading my post about this issue.

Basically I have a question. That is, I wanted to know if there's a way to get the programs, 'Kindle Create', and 'Kindle Kids Book Creator' to work on a Linux operating system?

First, I hope that this is possible. I use these 2 programs for work. I switched over to Linux because I felt like Windows was too broken to keep using. And it is. But these 2 programs are necessary for me to work with. Part of the reason why I need these 2 programs to work, is that they help bridge the problem of how when you go to make ebooks, the formatting of ebooks for phones and tablets still hasn't meshed well and isn't fully compatible with normal book document window sizes, etc. So if someone makes an ebook that's a normal book it should look right and be good but when it goes to convert the file to make it formatted for Kindle and other ebook publications the formatting gets screwed up for most things. And that comes from how phones and tablets aren't actually totally the same window setup for viewing documents. So its caught between trying to make them compatible with each other, when they aren't the same, and that gets stuff moved around. That's why I'd hoped for these 2 programs to work, which supposedly help with that.

Initially it didn't look like it would work. But I wanted to check anyway since many of you probably are a similar situation.

But its also possible there might be a Linux alternative program that does the same thing? That I'm not sure on?

Thank you for any insight on this.

I don't have much experience with this, but maybe Calibre and/or Sigil will suit?

Search for both of those and add "Linux" to your search terms and that should get you to the right projects.

I don't have much experience with this, but maybe Calibre and/or Sigil will suit?

Search for both of those and add "Linux" to your search terms and that should get you to the right projects.
I'll take a look. Thanks. :)

I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet. But youtube videos are raving about that Calibre program you recommended. Its highly rated even against other platforms stuff (Mac, Windows), etc.

So thank you so much.

But youtube videos are raving about that Calibre program you recommended.

It's a good product. It's also a good project. They've been doing this for years.

Wikipedia says they've been around for 16 years, which means it's a very mature project.

Members online