Python3-venv is not installed?

DekHog

Reaction score
Credits
Hi all.... hopefully I'm in the right place, as this is driving me insane!

So, I've been trying to install Stable Diffusion for Intel Arc GPU using this guide:
Stable Diffusion with Intel Arc GPU (Might be in Turkish, so you'll have to use Chrome or similar to translate).

I'm a total newbie to all this but have manged to get to the very last command as below:

Then start WebUI with this command:
Bash:
./webui.sh --use-ipex

At this point I just get:
Error: Python3-venv is not installed.

I followed the video below to install it, and all seemed to go as planned:
Activate Virtual Environment in Git Bash Terminal

Problem is I still get the venv not installed error...

Any help much appreciated as I have no clue where to go from here.

Have you tried to install it through the Synaptic Package Manager? Just right click and select "Mark for Installation" then click the Apply button

1.png

Have you tried to install it through the Synaptic Package Manager? Just right click and select "Mark for Installation" then click the Apply button

View attachment 19075
Thanks.... It's through Linux for Windows with Ubuntu installed through MS app store, so only command line as far as I can see....

Actually....... I was taking notes and screenshots, and looking back over them I'd think the error above is related to a earlier step in the instructions for installing Arch Linux packages..... so, using the command below:
Arch Linux.jpg

I get the error below, which I have no clue how to go about fixing.....

Install Arch Linux Packages Error.jpg

It's through Linux for Windows with Ubuntu installed through MS app store, so only command line as far as I can see....
I'd think the error above is related to a earlier step in the instructions for installing Arch Linux packages....
Looking at your instructions... and what you said above... I think you should skip the Arch instructions (after installing the necessary Ubuntu packages) and go on to the next step, "Using SD.Next."

If you get errors during any of the Ubuntu/WSL steps, you should fix each one before trying to go any further.

WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) usually uses Ubuntu, but I don't use WSL and can't give any help regarding it. Have you tried following the Windows instructions instead for installing and using this tool? Or installing and using on a pure Linux (or dual-boot) computer?

The Arch command, pacman, should have given a different error... something like "command not found." It's not in my Linux Mint, and I doubt it is usually included with Ubuntu.

This is beyond my paygrade. It just seemed first like you're trying to use instructions for 2 different Linux distros, and that didn't seem right. But you'll get it sorted out... good luck!

Looking at your instructions... and what you said above... I think you should skip the Arch instructions (after installing the necessary Ubuntu packages) and go on to the next step, "Using SD.Next."

If you get errors during any of the Ubuntu/WSL steps, you should fix each one before trying to go any further.

WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) usually uses Ubuntu, but I don't use WSL and can't give any help regarding it. Have you tried following the Windows instructions instead for installing and using this tool? Or installing and using on a pure Linux (or dual-boot) computer?

The Arch command, pacman, should have given a different error... something like "command not found." It's not in my Linux Mint, and I doubt it is usually included with Ubuntu.

This is beyond my paygrade. It just seemed first like you're trying to use instructions for 2 different Linux distros, and that didn't seem right. But you'll get it sorted out... good luck!
Thanks! I'm still plodding away at it when I have time.... Don't like being defeated when it comes to computer stuff (or anything else). If I have success at some point I'll post the resolution, as it might be of help to someone.....

Actually....... I was taking notes and screenshots, and looking back over them I'd think the error above is related to a earlier step in the instructions for installing Arch Linux packages..... so, using the command below:
View attachment 19077
I get the error below, which I have no clue how to go about fixing.....

View attachment 19079
Arch does not work on WSL you have to do Ubuntu - sudo apt install python3-venv

Staff online

Members online