Problems with Realtek RTL8822CE

ivan2j

Reaction score
Credits
Hello friends, I'm trying to install Debian 11 as dual boot in my PC and I can't get my wifi connection to work, I've tried downloading drivers from github, firmwares, but I cannot manage to get it to work, the closest I've got is that the card was detected in the configuration but it didn't detect any connection, I'm desperate.

Please run in a terminal inxi -Nn and paste back the results

Here is the output, as you can see now there is not a driver since I have changed things a lot, if I need to reinstall the whole OS I don't mind, I just installed it this morning to switch from VM to dual boot.
Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-09 22-12-38.png

inxi is showing no driver installed, if you're running via VB, I think you will need to use a wired connection, or a second Wi-Fi dongle,

Secure boot can block your wifi drivers, disable and reboot and see if that helps. The drivers may not be signed or improperly signed.

I downloaded a driver from github and installed it and now the networks appear but I don't know why when I reboot the laptop, boom, no drivers
First image is after installing it
Second is after reboot
Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-09 23-01-46.png

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-09 23-03-13.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-09 23-03-13.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 223
I've tried downloading drivers from github, firmwares, but I cannot manage to get it to work,

The driver is firmware-realtek. It is available from repository. No need to download anything from github. https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/firmware-realtek

Have you added contrib and non-free to your sources list?

Can you connect TEMPORARILY by cable to install it? Or can you create a hotspot with cell phone?

The driver is firmware-realtek. It is available from repository. No need to download anything from github.

Have you added contrib and non-free to your sources list?

Can you connect TEMPORARILY by cable to install it? Or can you create a hotspot with cell phone?
I am connected with wifi now and it is worker. I've tried with the firmware-realtek and didn't work or I don't know how to apply it which is more possible (i still have it installed) it is not until I do the "sudo modprobe rtl88x2ce" that this applies and finally works, just that I have to do it every reboot, I don't know if adding it in the bashrc or zshrc will work

Okay solved it, for anyone having the same issue, I installed this https://github.com/juanro49/rtl88x2ce-dkms and when I reboot I had to do "sudo modprobe rtl88x2ce" so the way to solve it was to "echo rtl88x2ce > /etc/modules-load.d/rtl88x2ce.conf" and this gets executed whenever you reboot, but I had another line in a file /etc/modprobe.d/*.conf that said "blacklist rtl88x2ce" so this wasn't executing at start, in case you need more help this was where I got the things from https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/71064/systemd-automate-modprobe-command-at-boot-time

Members online