Nexus 7 install linux?

SeanK

Reaction score
Credits
Has anyone had any success recently installing linux (of any flavour) on the Nexus 7 tablet? Its an old Google based thing sitting around gathering dust. Our daughter no longer uses it, so I thought perhaps we could put Linux on it and use it when travelling. I have found a lot of very old video's and posts about putting Ubuntu on it but they are very dated to say the least and Ubuntu no longer supports the project.

the Nexus 7 tablet was a budget buy android tablet with an ARM processor [usualy 32 bit] and a very small main storage drive, you may be able to get a 32 bit minimal Arm compatible Linux to run, But I have my doubts

the Nexus 7 tablet was a budget buy android tablet with an ARM processor [usualy 32 bit] and a very small main storage drive, you may be able to get a 32 bit minimal Arm compatible Linux to run, But I have my doubts
I have found a few solutions. Ubuntu did have an option about 10 years back but its long since expired. Someone has come up with a UB MATE alternative but to my eyes it looks complicated relative to what its being installed on.

Apparently Ubuntu Touch is still viable, I'll do a little more digging on this one.

https://thenewleafjournal.com/installing-ubuntu-touch-on-an-asus-nexus-7-2013/

Members online