Newbie Struggles

EchoBoost

Reaction score
Credits
Hey everyone! In my attempt to install Linux for the first time, I encounter the " [ 5.112230 ] integrity: Problem loading X.509 certificate -65 ". My question is, what is the reason behind the error and the steps to resolve this situation ?
Thank you !

Hello @EchoBoost,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum.
Couple of question which distro are you trying to install? And did it work in live mode?

Welcome to the forums,
X.509 error, I think you need to disable secure boot and re-start then try again [and if you haven't done so already, disable windows quick start [fast boot] at the same time]

Welcome aboard. :)

Thank you for the answers, I'm coming back with a more detailed question about my issue.
My PC's configuration is :
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3350 @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.83 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Regarding the storage memory, it is 500GB, but I don't know how to find more details about it :(
I would like to mention that I want to install Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS. The Ubuntu USB stick was created using Rufus on the same laptop.
Thanks!

The Ubuntu USB stick was created using Rufus
Rufus is known to be problematic, try again, BUT this time use Balina-etcher [link below]
Use a good quality USB pen-drive, best is not to exceeding 16gb [but It doesn't matter as long as it's in good condition ]and formatted ex-fats. Use my how-to guide [link in signature]
Do not expect it to fly, the N3350 is an entry level CPU.
To find full details of your machine using Linux run from the terminal inxi -Fnxx [for your personal use] or inxi -Fnxxz [if you are going to post it online] all distributions have inxi in the software repository if it's not already bundled with your chosen distribution.

Members online